Duct Seals & Sealing
Cable Duct Seals
➡ Failure to correctly and effectively seal cable ducts can inflict catastrophic damage to LV-HV electrical distribution networks, substations and power supply. View below our complete ranges of Duct Sealing Products to provide a watertight seal and defence against flood damage to low, medium and high voltage cable ducts with additional protection against harmful gas migration and fire spread.
Duct seals are installed by contractors to reinforce the flood defences of MV-HV substations housing critical medium and high voltage power cables and electrical equipment, typically at medium voltage ( 11kV/33kV), high voltage (66kV-132kV) and transmission and distribution grid networks – we can provide expert technical specification, onsite installer training and fast delivery from stock to UK and international projects for both cable ducts and duct seals.
Sealing Cable Ducts
T&D distribute proven cable duct sealing products from leading manufacturers CSD Sealing Systems and Filoform with widespread utility approvals and industry acceptance as trusted alternatives to traditional “sticky and tricky” to install mastic seals or regulation violating expanding foam – these duct seal products are technically advanced cable sealing solutions designed to provide guaranteed protection of clients assets without the risk of failure.
CSD Rise Duct Seals
CSD RISE cable duct seals are specified throughout the electric and water utility networks to provide protection of ducts and duct openings against the dangers of water ingress and gas migration with up to 4 hour fire resistance to the spread of flame where cables penetrate fire rated boundaries and building openings – the watertight, gastight and fire resistant seals provide duct protection with accelerated age tests concluding a 50 year level of protection.
duct sealing using csd rise seals
- Versatile – CSD RISE quickly seals cable ducts in vertical and horizontal configuration
- Approved – ATEX compliant for hazardous area cable duct sealing in potentially explosive atmospheres, Zone 1 & Zone 2
- Trusted – WIMES (Waters Industry Mechanical & Electrical Specification) accepted for duct sealing in the water utility sector
- Re-enterable – CSD duct seals enable simple modification for adding, removing or replacing cables in retrofit projects
- Flexible – the sealing system can be employed to seal circular, round or rectangular ducts or building penetrations
- High Voltage – 11kV and 33kV substation cable ducts are sealed to protect against flood waters and dangerous corrosive gases
- Durable – CSD RISE is resistant to methane, hydrogen sulphide and chlorine
- Power Cables – specified to seal high voltage and heavy armoured power cables in single, trefoil or Triplex arrangement
T&D are Approved Distributors for CSD providing competitive prices, technical advice and site installation support for duct seals manufactured by CSD Sealing Systems.
Duct Seals ♦ Sealing Cable Ducts ♦ 11kV 33kV Substations ♦ Watertight Gastight Fireproof ♦ Medium & High Voltage Cable Seals