ATEX Cable Glands – Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 Cable Glands
Thorne & Derrick distribute ATEX Cable Glands for the termination of cables in hazardous area Zone 1 and Zone 2 with potentially explosive atmospheres – we provide competitive prices for ATEX certified cable glands from extensive stocks to UK and international destinations.
- CMP Triton Cable Glands Hazardous Area Ex e Ex d (IECEx ATEX)
- Zone 2 ATEX Hazardous Area Cable Glands – Unarmoured & Braided Cables
- Zone 2 ATEX Hazardous Area Cable Glands – Steel Tape, Armoured & Braided Cables
- Barrier Cable Glands – Hazardous Areas & Explosive Atmospheres Zone 1, 21, 2, 22
- CMP RapidEx Barrier Cable Glands For Hazardous Areas & Explosive Atmospheres
ATEX is the name commonly given to the two European Directives for controlling potentially explosive atmospheres in the hazardous area industries including oil, gas and petrochem.
1) Directive 99/92/EC (also known as ‘ATEX 137’ or the ‘ATEX Workplace Directive’) on minimum requirements for improving the health and safety protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres. The text of the Directive and the supporting EU produced guidelines are available on the EU-website.
2) Directive 94/9/EC (also known as ‘ATEX 95’ or ‘the ATEX Equipment Directive’) on the approximation of the laws of Members States concerning equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The text of the Directive and EU produced supporting guidelines are available on the EU website.
The CMP Triton cable gland provides reduced installation time, cost and risk for termination of all wire armoured or braided cables installed in explosive atmospheres or hazardous areas where ATEX cable glands are required for the following cable termination applications: Wire Braid (GSWB, TCWB), Steel Tape Armour (STA, DSTA), Aluminium Strip Armour (ASA), Single Wire Armour (SWA), Aluminium Wire Armour (AWA) and Pliable Wire Armour (PWA).
This following video demonstrates the installation procedure for CMP Triton T3 CDS ATEX cable glands for terminating steel wire armoured cables:
- Cable gland components function and purpose
- Installing armour clamping ring onto cables
- Removal of cable outer sheath and cutting cable wire armour
- Importance of cable preparation and cable dimension measurement
- Positioning cables into electrical equipment and connection of cable gland
- Tightening inner seal nut using cable gland spanners and locating armour clamping ring
- Checking armour clamp ring is secure for the cable termination
➡ Should you require customer service or technical support please contact us – view the full range of Hazardous Area Explosive Atmosphere Cable Glands with ATEX Certification below.
EXPERTS IN EQUIPMENT FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
leaders in ATEX Innovation To The Hazardous Area Industries
Thorne & Derrick are leaders in the development and distribution of Product Innovations that deliver significant improvements to clients plant, people and operational safety in the explosive atmosphere industries.
Your proactive problem solvers experienced in succession planning for the replacement of obsolete, non-conformant and legacy equipment in hazardous areas.
Your first-choice provider of innovative and competitive solutions to ensure ATEX & IECEx Compliance for Hazardous Area Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation Equipment to UK and international projects.
Control Panels | Plugs | Isolators | Enclosures & Junction Boxes | Lighting | Control Stations | Motor Starters | Heat Trace | Gas Detection | Flame Detection | Process Instrumentation | Process Heating | Ventilation Fans | Security Access Control