Cembre B35-45MDE Battery Crimping Tool (up to 150sqmm cables)
18.0V Cordless Hydraulic Crimping Tool
*This product is now obsolete and has been replaced by B450ND-BVE battery crimping tool
The crimp tool head rotates by 180º for ease of use within confined spaces and has a robust moulded body which is highly resistance to damage. Additionally the crimping tool is extremely quiet with minimal vibration.
The Cembre B35-45MDE battery crimping tool is fitted with a maximum pressure valve and an Li-Ion 18.0V 2.0Ah high power battery which has LED indicators to display the remaining battery charge.
Cembre B35-45MDE crimping tool can be fitted with many crimping dies common to 45kN and are supplied with a spare battery, battery charger and plastic carrying case.
18 volt cordless hydraulic crimping tool manufactured by Cembre accepts 4sqmm-150sqmm die sets available with wrist strap, spare battery, battery charger, battery adapter and a plastic carrying case for storing the tool and accessories.
Cembre B35-45MDE crimping tool
- Crimping Force: 35kN
- Rated Operating Pressure: 390 bar (5,600 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 358mm, Width 133mm, Height 81mm
- Cable Crimper Weight: 2.2kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 22 or ESSO INVAROL EP22 / equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre crimping tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
For storage and protection the Cembre B35-45MDE tool is supplied in a robust carrying case for storage of the crimping tool.
- Dimensions 465x315x116 mm
B35-45MDE Crimping Tool Main Applications
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||“C” Sleeve Connectors||H.V. lugs and splices|
|Cable Crimping Force||Length||Height||Width||Weight|
Cembre B35-45MDE Battery Crimping Tool
- When introducing or changing dies, the battery must first be removed from the Cembre B35-45MDE tool.
- With the battery crimping tool in the rest position and without battery, proceed as follows:
- Select the appropriate Cembre die set for the connector
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die support
For indent crimping, the nest MA must be inserted into the upper die holder, and the indentor PA must be inserted into the lower die support.
- Close the latch
- Insert the conductor in the connector
- Position the connector between the dies and ensure the correct location of the crimp
Ensure that the latch and the upper die holder are fully secured, otherwise damage may occur during the Cembre tool operation.
- Grip the B35-45MDE tool firmly and comfortably and press operating button to activate the motor pump and advance the lower die. To halt the advancement, release the operating button and the motor will cut out.
- Make sure the dies are exactly positioned on the desired crimp point otherwise re-open dies and reposition the connector.
- By keeping the operating button pressed, the motor continues to operate: the ram will gradually move forward until the two dies touch. It is recommended to keep operating until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard.
- The motor will continue to operate after the maximum pressure relief valve has activated. No further crimping force is applied, the oil is bypassed and returned to the reservoir.
Release of Dies
- Press the pressure release button, the ram will retract and open the dies.
- For ease of operation the tool head can rotate through 180º, allowing the operator to work in the most comfortable position.
- Warning: Do not attempt to rotate the Cembre tool head when the hydraulic circuit is pressurised.
Replace of Dies
- To replace the crimp tool dies, open the head and extract them from their seats.
- The Cembre battery is equipped with LED indicators that indicate the remaining battery life at any time by pressing the adjacent button.
- 4 LEDs illuminated: Fully charged
- 2 LEDs illuminated: 50% capacity
- 1 LED flashing: Minimum charge, replace the battery.
When the battery voltage has dropped below a minimum safety threshold, the tool will not start, and it is necessary to recharge or replace the battery. The approximate time to fully recharge a battery is about 40 minutes.
Insertion / Replacement of Battery
- To replace the crimp tool battery, remove it by pressing the release button, then insert the new battery, sliding it into the guides until it locks.
Cembre B35-45MDE Battery Crimping Tool – Technical Specification
|Type Of Action||Crimp|
Cembre B35-45MDE tool features motor ventilation, rotating crimp tool head, pressure release button and sculptured body for optimum comfort.
LV- HV Cable Crimping Applications
The Cembre B35-45MDE cordless hydraulic crimping tool with new 18V Li-Ion battery has the following crimp ranges:
- LV Lugs & Splices – up to 150sqmm cable conductors
- HV Lugs & Splices – up to 70sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Connectors – up to 35sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.
Crimping Die Set Guide For Cembre B35-45MDE
Cembre provides a matched crimping system to ensure secure LV MV HV electrical connections (lugs and splices) manufactured from copper or aluminium in accordance with CE Marking and international standards – includes a full range of nest, indentor and die sets compatible with their hydraulic and battery crimping tools, all manufactured by Cembre.
Cembre Copper Tube Connectors & Cable Lugs
|Copper Conductor sqm||Connector||Hexagonal Crimp||Indent Crimp|
|Low Str||Flex||Terminal Lug||Through Connector||Die Set||No of Crimps*||Nest||Indentor||No of Crimps*|
Cembre Copper “C” Connectors
|Copper Conductor sqmm||Connector||Die Set||No of Crimps|
➡ See Cable Jointing Tools for a complete range of LV-HV-HV Tools to enable outer sheath removal, insulation removal and screen stripping from power cables operating typically at 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and up to 400kV.