Apprentice Internal Sales Engineer – Business Admin | Customer Service Level 2
Published 20 Mar 2017
Thorne & Derrick is a family owned company, established in 1985. It is a leading specialist distributor of Power and Process Engineering Equipment in the UK and Internationally.
Due to continued growth we have an opportunity for an Apprentice Internal Sales Engineer based at our Chester-le-Street office.
The role is within a fast paced sales environment where you and your colleagues have the responsibility for driving business to business sales in the following sectors: Oil and Gas, Petrochem, Water, Power, Building Services, Rail, Renewable Energy, Hazardous Area Industries.
You will be trained to handle the following key responsibilities:
- Taking inbound calls from customers
- Negotiating to win business and cross selling associated products
- Calculate accurate and competitive sales quotations based on technical information issued by clients
- Follow up quotations in a timely manner
- Making outbound sales calls to pre-identified target accounts
- Liaising with Sale Reps, Customers, Depots and Suppliers
- Processing orders from customers
- Dealing with queries relating to orders
- Creating sales reports
- Updating orders, prices and order confirmations in the Company’s systems
- Updating the Customer Relationship Management software.
- Occasional customer visits
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Previous work experience gained in a customer services or sales role an advantage
- You must have a desire to build a career in industrial sales and account management
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Strong IT skills that include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Email & Web) awareness and experience is essential
- GCSE’s in Maths and English and two A Levels or equivalent
- A clean driving licence and own car would be useful but is not essential
Training period 12 – 18 months including fortnightly college attendance.
25 days holiday
8.30am to 5.00pm – 5 days per week
This is a career opportunity as the position will be made permanent on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Starting salary £15,500 – Salary will be reviewed after successful completion of the apprenticeship period.
Northern Skills Group is an expert provider of apprenticeships, employer-led training and retraining and works with over 2000 businesses in the North East and Yorkshire. We provide expert tuition, funding guidance and assistance with apprentice recruitment.
➡ Please email Mr Richard Derrick email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining more about yourself.
Please visit our website for more information on our business, www.thorneandderrick.com
Thorne & Derrick International
Thorne & Derrick International are specialist distributors of LV, MV & HV Cable Installation, Jointing, Duct Sealing, Substation & Electrical Equipment – servicing UK and global businesses involved in cable installations, cable jointing, substation, overhead line and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV.
THORNE & DERRICK Product Categories: Duct Seals | Cable Cleats | Cable Glands | Electrical Safety | Arc Flash Protection | Cable Jointing Tools | Cable Pulling | Earthing | Feeder Pillars | Cable Joints LV | Joints & Terminations MV HV