ATEX Electric Heaters | Safe Substation Heating for Battery Rooms
Published 23 Apr 2020
uploaded by Chris Dodds | Sales & Marketing Manager with Thorne & Derrick International
Electric heaters forming part of the Electric Heater Schedule for the development and construction of Onshore and Offshore Wind Farms are generally located within the battery room section of medium/high voltage substations and manufactured from corrosion resistant materials to resist battery acids – heaters must be suitable for hazardous area locations with potentially explosive atmospheres as defined by the ATEX Directive.
Specific applications provide for the safe and reliable air warming and heating of Metering Rooms, Telecomm Rooms, Control Rooms, Pump Rooms, OFTO Stores (Offshore Transmission Owner) and WFO Stores. (Wind Farm Operator).
With typical heating loads of 0.2kW to 0.9kW and electrical supply 230/240V (Single Phase 50 Hz) there is a complete range of ATEX electric heaters are available for all applications.
➡ For further technical specifications, product details and commercial support please refer to EXHEAT FAW heater models.
Should you require assistance with the selection, specification or purchase of Electric Heaters suitable for power generation applications in the renewable industry sector please do not hesitate to contact Thorne & Derrick.
LEADERS IN ATEX INNOVATION
T&D are your first-choice provider of innovative and competitive solutions to ensure ATEX & IECEx Compliance for Low & High Voltage Hazardous Area Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation Equipment to your UK and international projects.
- Raytec | ATEX Lighting (LED & Emergency Fittings)
- ATX Appleton | Lighting & Flameproof Plugs & Sockets
- Abtech | Junction Boxes & Enclosures (EX Certified)
- Craig & Derricott | Isolators (Switch Disconnectors)
- EXHEAT | Space Heaters & Anti-Condensation Heaters
- Marechal | Plug & Sockets (EX Certified)
- Crowcon | Gas Detectors (Hydrogen & Oxygen)
- Technor | Enclosures & Control Equipment (EX Certified & Flameproof)
- Roxtec | Cable Transits & Sealing Systems
- CMP | Flameproof & Hazardous Area Cable Glands
- Dynaco | ATEX Doors
- Safety Showers & Eyewash Stations
- Spill Bunds & Containment
- ATEX Fans for Portable Ventilation in Hazardous Areas
- Joints & Terminations | 3M Electrical, PFISTERER CONNEX, Nexans Euromold, Prysmian
- EXHEAT FAW Electric Heaters for Hazardous Area Zones Locations Size: 289.57 KB