Engineers Jointing A Cable In A Manhole, Manchester, 1935.
Published 03 Sep 2019
THORNE & DERRICK
Thorne & Derrick are national distributors of LV, MV & HV Cable Installation, Jointing, Substation & Electrical Equipment – servicing businesses involved in cabling, jointing, substation, earthing, overhead line and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV, 66kV and EHV. Supplying a complete range of power cable accessories to support the installation and maintenance of low/medium and high voltage voltage power systems:
- Slip-on Cable Terminations
- Cold-shrink Cable Terminations
- Heat-shrink Cable Terminations
- Cable Joints – Heat & Cold-shrink
- Separable Connectors (Euromold)
- Surge Arresters & Switchgear/Transformer Bushings
Key Product Categories: Duct Seals | Cable Cleats | Cable Glands | Electrical Safety | Arc Flash Protection | Cable Jointing Tools | Cable Pulling | Earthing | Feeder Pillars | Cable Joints LV | Joints & Terminations MV HV
Underground Cables & Overhead Lines
Courtesy of BT a nostalgic and photographic record recalling bygone days of engineers laying, jointing and installing telephone and power cables.
- Engineers Working On The Construction Of The New London Central Exchange, 1901.
- Laying Underground Cables In Maida Vale, London, 1939.
- Engineers Working On Cables Near The Severn Railway Tunnel, Gloucestershire, 1940.
- Engineers Soldering And Jointing Telephone Cable, 1945.
- Laying Underground Cables In Chiswick, London, 1949.
- Cable Cross Connexion Cabinet, Queen Victoria Street, London, 1949.
- Engineers Laying Underground Cable, 1951.
- Laying Underground Cables, Chester, 1963.
- Engineers Working On Underground Cables Below Wood Street, London, 1967.
Image Disclaimer: Note these images are not to be used for any advertising, marketing or promotional purposes by third parties, or for internal communications requirements such as newsletters or non-commercial websites, without the expressed permission of BT and the copyright holder.