Denso Mastic Duct Seal | Densoseal 16A Sealing Cable Ducts
Self-supporting & Non-setting Mastic for Sealing Cable Entries & Ducts
Densoseal 16A duct seal systems is a firm fibrous mastic based on mineral fillers, organic fibres and water displacing materials for the watertight sealing of cable ducts against flood water ingress.
Densoseal 16A duct seal is packed into the ends of the duct by hand and moulded firmly around cables and against the duct to close any gaps or fissures.
Non-setting mastic is used for sealing cable ducts, conduits and service entry pipes or sleeves, particularly below ground level, to prevent ingress of gas and water. It may also be used for profiling mechanical joints on pipes to allow the application of tapes.
Densoseal 16A is a non-setting self supporting mastic which may be applied to wet surfaces to seal ducts and conduits against ingress of gas and water. Applications such as the following iron, steel, glazed earthenware, lead, brass polythene and pvc.
Denso mastic duct seal conforms to British Telecom specification M212C for sealing cable ducts, conduits and service entry pipes or sleeves particularly below ground level to prevent entry of gas or water into buildings.
Available in strips and blocks:
- 8 x 1 kg blocks per carton (330 mm x 40 mm x 40mm)
- Corrugated strips of approximately 160g (350 mm x 60 mm – 100 per carton)
Densoseal 16A Duct Seal System
Features & Benefits
- Application temperature: 0 to 35°C
- Service temperature: -15 to 100°C
- Duct Seal Colour: Yellow
- Specific Gravity: 1.73
- Specific Volume: 578 cm3/kg
- Seals against water and gas ingress
- Stable in composition and plasticity, even at high temperatures
- Complies with British Telecom Specification M212C
- Adheres to wet or dry surfaces of iron, steel, glazed earthenware, lead, brass, polythene and PVC
- Non-hardening, non-cracking and self-supporting compound
- Accommodates vibration, mechanical stresses or movement of substrate
- Denso mastic duct seal unaffected by natural gas and water
- Accommodates movement & adheres to wet surfaces
- Withstands at least 20kPa (2 metre head) water pressure for a minimum of 30 minutes.
How to work out how much Densoseal 16A is required?
Volume to fill (cc) ÷ 578 = KGs of Densoseal 16A required
(specific volume of Densoseal 16A is 578cc per kg)
Volume of Cylinder (cc) = pi x radius(cm) x radius(cm) x Length(cm)
Volume of Duct (cc) – Volume of Cable or Service (cc) = Volume to fill between Cable/Service and Duct
It is recommended that length is AT LEAST equal to the diameter of the duct.
Method of Application for Denso Mastic Duct Seal
Remove all packaging. Mould the Densoseal 16A by hand to a shape and size that can be conveniently placed to fully surrounding of the cable. Densoseal 16A shall be packed into the ends of the duct by hand and moulded firmly around cables and against the duct ensuring there are no gaps or fissures.
The mastic shall be packed to a depth at least equal to the diameter of the duct. Continue applying the Densoseal 16A by progressively filling the void until the Densoseal 16 A is flush with the duct. Figure-1 illustrates the method of applying Densoseal 16A in a duct around a cable.
Note: If the Duct dimensions physically prevent access to the inner part of the duct then the Densoseal 16A can be applied in a similar method but by starting from the outer section of the duct and pressing inwards (see figure 2)