Severe Defects Missed By Tangent Delta Testing – read how IMCORP”s Factory Grade® Technology can help cable owners pinpoint these problems
Published 06 Dec 2018
Guest Article: IMCORP by Ben Lanz & Dr. Wayne Chatterton uploaded by Chris Dodds - Thorne & Derrick Sales & Marketing Manager
A utility client requested IMCORP to proactively assess their cables in a downtown area feeding a convention center. A nationally televised event was coming to town so naturally the reliability of the downtown power grid and avoiding an image-damaging power outage was of utmost importance.
The IMCORP Factory Grade® technology provided a meter-by-meter profile and pinpointed many issues with the cable systems feeding the convention center. The utility was surprised with how many components did not meet the cable and accessory manufacturers’ minimum performance standards. While the utility was greatly concerned and intended to make repairs prior to the upcoming event, they decided to get a second opinion with a different type of test called a VLF tan delta (tangent delta, TD) test.
Full article: ➡ Read more here………..
IMCORP is the technology leader in Medium & High Voltage Power Cable Systems life cycle condition assessment and performance – IMCORP have been helping their clients achieve maximum cable reliability for more than 20 years and have assessed over 130,000 5kV to 500kV cable systems spanning in excess of 160 million feet.
IMCORP Precision ReliabilityTM approach integrates asset condition intelligence into optimized work management processes to maximize cable system reliability at the lowest possible life cycle cost.
Thorne & Derrick have curated this Twitter Moment to recognise the Global Cable Expert status of IMCORP – we are both honoured and humbled to be able to share our expertise and networks effectively to communicate our message to the broadest audience achievable.
Click the Tweet links for deeper reading.
Top 10 Tweets
- Misplaced Stress Relief Exposing Semicon Screen Cutback On Cold Shrink Terminations
- Identifying Substandard Performance Of Premolded Dead Front MV Tee-Connectors
- Power System – Feeder Cable Joint Failures Leads To Jointing Instruction Improvement
- Identifying Workmanship Installation & Cable Joint Issues At A Solar Site
- Failing Cable Joints Caused By Poor MV HV Cable Preparation Of Semicon Screen
- How Do HV Cables Fail – 10 Defects Causing High Voltage Power Cable Outages
- Failing Cable Joints – Partial Discharge (PD), High Voltage Stress & Cable Joints
- Improper Stress Control Installation On Medium & High Voltage Power Cables & Systems
- Power Cable Damage From Backfill – Medium Voltage Cable Case Study
- Medium Voltage Cable Termination Suffers Partial Discharge (PD) – Cause & Remedy
💡 Read our Guest Blog with IMCORP ➡
Thorne & Derrick
T&D are Specialist Distributors to UK Distribution Network Operators (DNO’s), NERS Registered Service Providers, ICP’s and HV Jointing Contractors of an extensive range of LV, MV & HV Jointing, Earthing, Substation & Electrical Eqpt – this includes 11kV/33kV/66kV cable joints, terminations and connectors for both DNO and private network applications.
Contact our UK Power Team for competitive quotations, fast delivery from stock and technical support or training on all LV-HV products.
All international sales enquiries can be serviced and supplied by our Export Power Team.
Key Product Categories: Duct Seals | Cable Cleats | Cable Glands | Electrical Safety | Arc Flash Protection | Cable Jointing Tools | Cable Pulling | Earthing | Feeder Pillars | Cable Joints LV | Joints & Terminations MV HV