ALADIN Individual Voltage Alarm With Headlamp For MV Overhead Lines 10-400kV
Published 24 Feb 2020
Individual Voltage Alarm With Headlamp
uploaded by Chris Dodds - Sales Marketing Manager Thorne & Derrick International
MV Medium Voltage Overhead Lines 10-400kV
P&B Weir together with Thorne & Derrick introduce an innovative new electrical safety product to the UK market – ALADIN is an individual voltage alarm with headlamp suitable for use with MV overhead lines in the voltage range of 10-400kV.
The electrical safety device is designed like a headlight to be attached on helmets or hard hats and complies with European Directives EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-4.
ALADIN is extensively used throughout the Rail, Renewable, Data Centre, Transmission & Distribution, Oil & Gas and Utility sectors for safe working around Medium & High Voltage Electrical Equipment, Switchgear, Substations, Cables & Overhead Lines with typical operating voltages 11kV 25kV 33kV 66kV 132kV 400kV.
The personal electric field detector combined with professional headlamp provides the user with an audible safety alarm offering an additional level of safety for workers operating near energised equipment e.g during maintenance, rescue operations, painting and pruning.
The frequency of the audible alarm increases as the detected electric field increases. Example situations where the ALADIN provides improved electrical safety:
- Misunderstanding: the operator approaches a danger zone
- Voltage unexpected return. mistake during an operation on disconnected network
- Involuntary approach: quick move in direction of energised area during operation
- Diversion: the operator is distracted and moves towards a high potential energised conductor unconsciously
Calibration & Testing | The Aladin has an auto-test function but can also be checked by placing it in contact with an unshielded low voltage element such as a wall outlet or power cord.
ALADIN is suitable for outside and indoor medium voltage electrical equipment.
ALADIN is supplied in a cardboard box with a universal charger and micro USB cable, interface for fitting to a helmet, an elasticated band and four hooks, a reinforced protective case and users’ instructions.
- 360° detection around the wearer : the ideal position of the detector on top of the protective helmets makes detection of an electric field equally effective, whether it is located in front of or behind the wearer
- Smart Mute exclusive feature: smart alarm:
– It is used to silence the warning sound once at working place, the device is remaining in vigilance and still measuring the electric field
– The warning sound will automatically restart in case of increase of the level of detected electric field (closer or sudden presence of voltage)
– Acts as an additional fencing which can be set at the working place
- Wide voltage range from 2kV to 400kV
- Integrated professional dual-beam LED headlamp
- Compact and lightweight
- No influence of the electromagnetic fields
- 2 types of light are available :
− 1 light for remote vision (overhead lines, poles, …)
− 1 light for closer vision (walking trip, working place, …)
- Light and compact device
- Rechargeable by standard micro USB 5 V plug
|Electric Field Detector
|Detector Operating Range
|2kV to 400kV
|Reference Detection Distance
|2 metres from a conductor located at a height of 1.5m at a voltage of 1 kV (live-earth) Detects the electric field level but does not measure the distance.The higher the voltage, the greater the distance at which it may be detected. Detection of a 50Hz and 60Hz electric field at 360° around the wearer
|Up to 80 h
|Up to 96%
|87 x 60 x 34mm
|Dual Beam LED Headlamp
|Dual Beam LED Headlamp
|2 light beams : long range beam and broad beam (with 3 intensities)
|From 20 lumens to 140 lumens
|Up to 20/30 m
|Up to 50 h (with active detection)
|Protection against dust and water splashes
|Lithium Polymer battery, rechargeable using a micro USB cable
|ALADIN Part Reference
|Charger USB Elastic strap
|Cardbox; includes Soft bad pad interface
PB WEIR PORTABLE EARTHING & ELECTRICAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Substation Earthing – Line End & Earth End Clamps
- Substation Operating Poles & Sticks
- Link Box Earthing Kits
- Network Rail PADS Approved Operating Poles
- Network Rail PADS Approced 25kV OLE Electrified Lines AC & DC Portable Earths
- Transmission & Overhead Line Portable Earthing EHV 132kV 275kV 400kV
- Westminster Voltage Detectors
- Distribution Line Earthing Equipment
- Buchholz Relays
The Aladin Range of Personal Alarms for Voltage Detection
ALADIN provides extra safety level for workers operating near energized equipment (during construction, maintenance, rescue operations, painting, pruning) up to 400kV.
PB WEIR – DISTRIBUTORS, STOCKISTS & SUPPLIERS
PB Weir Substation Earthing and Transmission Line Earthing Equipment include line end clamps, earth end clamps, portable earthing leads and operating poles for high voltage substations, overhead power line and transmission line applications – voltages include 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV up to 400kV.
Thorne & Derrick provide competitive prices and fast delivery from stock for the complete range of PB Weir substation earthing and transmission line earthing equipment.
LV, MV & HV JOINTING, EARTHING, SUBSTATION & ELECTRICAL EQPT
Thorne & Derrick International are specialist distributors of LV, MV & HV Cable Installation, Jointing, Duct Sealing, Substation & Electrical Equipment – servicing UK and global businesses involved in cable installations, cable jointing, substation, overhead line and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV.
- Aladin 10kV 69kV Voltage Detectors MV Size: 724.68 KB
- Aladin 50kV 400kV Voltage Detectors MV Size: 722.40 KB
- Aladin Medium Voltage Detectors MV HV Size: 2.41 MB