Shearbolt Cable Connectors & Cable Lugs
DISTRIBUTORS, STOCKISTS & SUPPLIERS
Thorne & Derrick provide competitive prices and fast delivery from stock for the complete range of LV MV HV Power Products manufactured by Pfisterer – this includes Pfisterer CONNEX MV HV cable plugs and terminations.
pfisterer sicon Shearbolt Cable Connectors
Bolt type connectors offer not only technical, but also practical advantages over compression technology. All SICON Shearbolt Cable Connectors cover a wide conductor cross-section range so that you always have the right connectors on site for any application.
SICON Shearbolt Cable Connectors, manufactured by Pfisterer, can be directly connected to the ends of a conductor using a standard allen key and can be installed easily in even the tightest of spaces.
The design of the stepless shearbolt connectors allows installation regardless of the conductor type as the optimal contact force is always achieved. When tightened, the bolt shears off smoothly while the remains stay in the tool so they can be disposed of safely. The bolt will always shear off at the top edge of the connector body to ensure there are no sharp protrusions and all edges are smoothly rounded off.
The SICON bolt was developed without predetermined shear-off points to ensure the perfect contact pressure that the threads full load capacity is always used.
A friction disc on the tip of the bolt ensures that the conductor strands are not damaged.
Pfisterer SICON connectors are electrically/mechanically type-tested in accordance with IEC 61238-1 class A.
features and benefits
- Optimal contact force for all conductors
- Covers a wide application range
- Reliable connection for all types of conductor
- No damage to individual strands
- Ideal for all types of cable joints or cable terminations
- Can be installed with standard tools
shearbolt cable connectors
pfisterer sicon range
The Pfisterer SICON range of Shearbolt Cable Connectors is made up of Split Connectors, Branch Connectors and Cable Lugs.
- Split Connectors are for use in installations where it is difficult to install the connector on the conductor
- Branch Connectors can be used to join 3 different conductors regardless of size or material
- Cable Lugs enable the cable ends of electrical devices to be connected with a bolt or a stud