Pfisterer CONNEX Connectors (MV-HV Inner Cone Plugs & Cable Terminations)
Thorne & Derrick stock and distribute Pfisterer CONNEX Connectors for medium and high voltage cable connection and termination of cables to electrical systems – we provide competitive prices for Pfisterer CONNEX connectors used to terminate and connect polymeric insulated MV-HV cables into gas insulated switchgear and electrical equipment bushings from extensive stocks to UK and international destinations.
Pfisterer MV CONNEX cable connectors are specified to terminate medium/high voltage cables into gas insulated switchgear, RMU ring main units, transformers, transducers and capacitors typically distributing 33kV/52kV electricity – depending on MV bushings a range of sizes are available to terminate polymeric cables with XLPE/EPR insulation, bonded or easy strip semicon, copper wire/tape screen and with or without armour.
Cable Connectors Overview
- CONNEX Connectors Size 0 24kV 250A 25-70sqmm
- CONNEX Connectors Size 1 33kV 630A 50-185sqmm
- CONNEX Connectors Size 2 33kV 800A 35-300sqmm
- CONNEX Connectors Size 3 33kV 1250A 50-630sqmm | Installation Tools
- CONNEX Connectors Size 3s 52kV 1250A 120-630sqmm
- Also: Surge Arresters MV HV Medium & High Voltage
- Bushings MV HV Medium & High Voltage Up to 33kV
Cable Fittings for Medium Voltage Networks up to 66kV
CONNEX from Pfisterer meets all performance requirements for a universal system of separable connectors: fully insulated with metal housing and providing touch-proof properties – maintenance-free, suitable for outdoor use and waterproof. This means MV-CONNEX can be used even in the most extreme conditions including offshore wind energy sector – the Medium Voltage Cable Components product range includes traditional plug and socket combinations, multiple sockets, bus-bar connectors, surge arresters and voltage detecting systems to enable the installation, maintenance and commissioning of both onshore and offshore substation switchgear and transformers.
- 75% time saving by the cable jointer for the first installation
- Compact design for confined spaces and electrical equipment
- Suitable for onshore and offshore indoor/outdoor substations
- Quick change of location as a replacement transformer
- Flexible conversion of medium voltage transformers
- Touch-safe maintenance of MV electrical equipment
- High protection against electromagnetic fields
- Cable connectors certified for offshore applications
- Tested safety according to IEC Standards
- Support Services | Training Installation Courses
- Standard & Custom Connectors | Enquiry Form
- Supporting MV Products | Test Leads Dummy Plugs Earth Caps & Earthing/Current Testing
MV Cable Accessories for
Global Onshore and Offshore Substations | we can deliver from stock to UK and international projects.
MV-CONNEX Technical data & Size classification list
Medium Voltage Cable Termination Connectors up to 52kV
The following table provides a specification overview of CONNEX connectors, manufactured by Pfisterer, to suit electrical equipment bushing sizes 0, 1, 2, 3 & 3S on medium/high voltage (MV HV) gas insulated switchgear and substation applications.
Should you require any selection support to enable the correct specification of MV HV Cable Accessories, including CONNEX type connectors please do not hesitate to contact us.
|Max. operating voltage||Um||kV||24kV||36kV||42kV||42kV||52kV|
|Nominal current||IN||A||250 Amps||630 Amps||800 Amps||1250 Amps||1250 Amps|
|Cross-section ) (reference value)||Min.||sqmm||25||35||16||25||70||16||25||70||16||35||95||25||35||95||25|
|Voltage tap||w/o||with*1)||w/o||.1) th / w/ow i||w/o (XL)||with*1) / w/o||w/o (XL)||with*1) / w/o||w/o (XL)|
|Diameter over insulation*3) after removing of the semi-conductive cable screen||Min.||[mm]||12.7||13.5||13.5||13.5||36.0||15.5||46.0||15.5||46.0|
|Rated power withstand voltage 1min||[kV]||54||81||95||95||117|
|Partial discharges at 2 x UO||[pC]||≤ 10||≤ 10||≤ 10||≤ 10||≤ 10|
|Rated lightning impulse 1,2/50 ìs||[kV]||125||170||200||200||250|
|D.C. voltage test 15min.||[kV]||72||108||125||125||156|
|Rated short-time withstand current 1s
|Rated impulse current||[kA]||40||125||125||150||150|
*1) Earth the voltage tap test lead separately if it is not needed
*2) The range of the cross section is only valid if min. resp. max. diameter over conductor and min. resp. max. diameter over cable insulation are in the specified range
*3) The total range of cable connectors is covered by several CONNEX components
➡ Should you require customer service or technical support please contact us – view the full range of Pfisterer CONNEX Connectors below.