Fire Resistant Cable Duct Seals & Sealing Systems – Filoform FiloSeal+HD FIRE
Seal Cable Ducts
Against Fire, Water & Gas
FiloSeal+HD FIRE provides a strong support system using the fire resistant hexagonal blocks made of specially formulated material called ‘Formite’ which builds up like a honeycomb structure.
Fire resistant cable duct sealing system is suitable for sealing empty or any cable configuration or pipes contained in one duct and also allows easy re-entry of the seal to add or remove cables or pipes as required – suitable for sealing LV MV HV cables into substation ducts where fire protection is required to prevent fire spread and devastation to power systems.
Medium Voltage Substations 11kV 33kV
The sealing system is extensively specified and installed by UK and international utilities to protect medium voltage (11kV/33kV) and high voltage (66kV/132kV) cables entering substation ducts and buildings – the water sealing and fire-proofing seal system protects against flood water damage and the migration or spread of flammable gases into electricity substations.
UK DNO Approvals & Track Record
The Filoseal+HD system is in service and approved at electric utilities in the UK including: SPEN (Scottish Power Energy Networks), WPD (Western Power Distribution), NPG (Northern Power Grid), SSE (Scottish & Southern Energy) and various National Grid location substations up to 400kV.
The FiloSeal+HD FIRE uses MD+ sealant applied simply via a skeleton gun. The cable sealant is based on a silicone compound that cures with air (humidity).
After application and full curing the thixotropic Filoform MD+ forms a plastic elastomer mass with special qualities effectively sealing and bonding cables and ducts while providing a high level of durability.
Cable separation is simplified – hexagonal tube design provides a strong backing for the MD+ to be applied on to.
Fire Resistant Cable Duct Seals & Sealing Systems
Features & Benefits
- Fire resistant (BS EN1366-3 2009)
- Flexible, one component fire resistant adhesive and sealing compound in a cartridge – (310ml)
- High levels of gas and water tightness
- Excellent adhesion, applicable to all common building materials
- Resistant against water, alkaline, chemical agents
- Resistant to termites (Mastotermes Darwiniensis) Northern Australian termites
- Resistant to rats
- Resistant to Hydrogen Sulphide / Methane and many other gases (NedLab)
- Non corrosive duct seals
- Solvent free cable sealing
- Shock absorbing
- Non toxic, neutral and almost odourless
- Also suitable for limiting the EX-zones during transitions (observe chemical resistance)
- Suitable for fire sealing any shaped cable duct / bore hole / opening
- Quick and easy installation
- A complete duct seal kit
- Seals XLPE EPR PVC & PE sheathed cables, PILC, (HD) PE pipes
- Suitable for renovations, can be installed retrospectively
- Over 25 years of operational experience of cable duct sealing
FILOFORM FILOSEAL+HD FIRE – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
|Pressure resistance||up to 2 bar|
|Pulling Force||100kg (1000 newtons)|
|Bend Test||10xd at 45º, with 1 bar pressure|
|Skin over time (23C/55%RH)||± 15 minutes|
|Curing||3 mm / 24 hours|
|Hardness||30 shore A|
|Tensile strength||0.8 N/mm²|
|Operating temperature||+5°C tot +40°C|
|Temperature resistance||-40°C tot +120°C|
FILOSEAL+HD FIRE – PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
|Filoform Part Ref||Cable Duct Seal Description||Maximum Duct Diameter (mm)||Order unit|
|280070||FiloSeal+HD FIRE – 75mm > 110mm||Ø 110 max.||per piece|
|280080||FiloSeal+HD FIRE – 125mm > 160mm||Ø 160 max.||per piece|
|280090||FiloSeal+HD FIRE – 180mm||Ø 180 max.||per piece|
|280100||FiloSeal+HD FIRE – 200mm||Ø 200 max.||per piece|
|280110||FiloSeal+HD FIRE – 225mm||Ø 225 max.||per piece|
|280120||FiloSeal+HD FIRE – 250mm||Ø 250 max.||per piece|