CSD Sealing Systems
csd Duct Seals
Duct seals and sealing systems protect against water ingress, gas escape and spread of fire through cable duct and service entries into substation basements, cable vaults, switchrooms and access man-holes at low, medium and high voltage electricity distribution networks.
CSD RISE Duct Sealing system ensures an effective and reliable response to the requirement for gastight, watertight and fire resistant duct sealing – the CSD Sealing System features 2 components i) rubber insert sleeves and ii) FIWA a silicone based, fire resistant, water resistant sealant.
CSD duct seals are available for offshore applications such as Naval Surface Ships and Submarines, Oil & Gas Exploration, Commercial Marine, Luxury Yachts and Offshore Wind Farms. They can also be used for onshore applications including Water Utility, General Industrial & Construction, Power Generation & Distribution, Nuclear, Onshore Wind Farms, Oil Refinery and Gas Storage (ATEX Compliant), Motorway Infrastructure, Telecommunication Network, Pharmaceutical, Petrol Forecourts and Rail.
Sealing Cable Ducts MV HV
CSD RISE duct seal products have become specified and adopted by UK and international utilities to provide watertight, gastight and fire resistant duct sealing to medium/high voltage cables and ducts protecting electrical equipment and substations from flood damage, corrosive gas and fire/flame damage. The seals provide high levels of protection of 11kV/33kV cables entering substations through underground Class 1 and Class 2 cable ducts.
Rise Rapid dUCT sEALING sYSTEMS
The following video demonstrates the installation process of the CSD RISE Rapid method of sealing cable ducts and pipe penetrations or entries against water, gas, fire and rodents.
CSD RISE for Sealing Cable Ducts
CSD RISE Duct Seals are multi-cable and pipe transit sealing systems for cable duct seals, substations and building entries where there is a requirement to prevent the ingress or spread of water, gas and fire.
CSD Sealing Systems use individual rubber insert sleeves to provide an effective but simple solution to protect against water and gas ingress with the very highest levels of long term cable sealing performance.
The RISE Duct Sealing System most commonly used is both gastight and watertight consisting of only two components:
i) RISWAT Sleeves – rubber insert sleeves used to guarantee separation of low, medium and high voltage cables and provide a backing for the sealant layer
ii) FIWA Sealant – a high quality silicone based, fire stopping and a water repellent sealant.
The CSD RISE system can also be upgraded to provide up to 4 hours of fire protection in accordance with BS EN1366-3 by exchanging the rubber insert sleeves for the fire rated RISE sleeves.
Adding, removing or replacing cables or pipes is also an easy process.
CSD RISE Duct Seals
Features & Benefits
- DSEAR compliant duct seals – congested cable ducts sealed from risk of fire spread and gas explosion
- Hazardous area cable sealing – ATEX compliant duct seals for Zone 1 & Zone 2 potentially explosive atmospheres
- Compatible with XLPE, EPR and most cable sheaths common to LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV power cable
- WIMES approved – Water Industry Mechanical & Electrical Specification accepted
- 2 component sealing – i) FIWA sealant ii) rubber insert sleeves
- Age testing documents no deterioration in sealing performance for more than 50 years
- Trefoil cable sealing of single core LV 11kV 33kV power cables into substations
- Resistant to corrosive gas including methane, hydrogen sulphide and chlorine
- No transit frame required
- Re-enterable duct seal for adding LV, MV & HV cables
- Quick and easy to install duct sealing system
- Substation flood protection and protects against harmful gas ingress through unsealed ducts
- Cost effective protection of cable ducts against water, gas and fire
- Resistant to submersion in petrol, diesel and synthetic transmission oils
|Duct Size||Gas & Watertight Duct Seal Order Code||Fire, Gas & Watertight Duct Seal Order Code|
|3 x 50mm||RISEDUCT3X50WG||RISEDUCT3X50F|
CSD Sealing Systems – DISTRIBUTORS, STOCKISTS & SUPPLIERS
View the complete range of duct seals manufactured by CSD Sealing Systems ➡
T&D - CABLE ♦ JOINT ♦ TERMINATE ♦ CONNECT ♦ GLAND ♦ CLEAT ♦ CRIMP ♦ DUCT ♦ SEALS ♦ REPAIR ♦ LV MV HV 11KV 33KV