Cable transits manfactured by Roxtec are used to prevent water, gas, fire, dust and rodents from entering cable duct openings and potentially causing damage to cables and other electrical infrastructure.
Cable transit systems can be designed for sealing medium/high voltage substations including 11kV/33kV and “triplex” type cables in single, multiple or trefoil configuration.
Roxtec modular cable transit seals are based upon a rubber design with seals that are constructed of a number of removable layers to secure a watertight, gas tight and fire proof seal around the cable or pipe – the range includes rectangular transits and round transits to fit a variety of pipes and cable sizes.
Cable transit products ensure safety, operational reliability and efficiency by providing an effective, dependable seal around cables and pipes through an opening, penetration or duct.
Cable Sealing Using Roxtec
Roxtec cable seals are used in cable vaults, duct banks, electrical substations, trenches and M&E building services protecting low, medium and high voltage power systems against numerous external risk factors:
- Fire – A60, H120 Class bulkhead sealing for offshore classification against jet-fire or spray and prevention of suffocating smoke spread
- Gas – ensure complete tightness against air and gas pressure or migration through cable ducts with DSEAR compliance
- Water – prevent flood and water penetration into substations and buildings – avoid humidity and partial discharge conditions
- Cables – withstand cable bending load in heavy power and high voltage cable seal applications
- Pressure – protect against catastrophic sudden or constant pressure
- Electrical – protect cables and electrical infrastructure against EMI, EMP and lightning strike effects
- Particles – control levels of of dirt, dust, chemical and fumigants from entering buildings, cable ducts and substations
- Blast – protect against vibration, shock-waves and the risk of explosion in industrial and hazardous area locations
Multidiameter Cable Sealing
Roxtec simplify often complex cable sealing applications using their Multidiameter concept system – spare modules in openable seals permit future LV-HV cable upgrades and high cable density and multiple cable configurations. Fill a transit frame selected for the sealing application with multiple cables and sealing modules or use a single service seal with adaptable inner and outer diameter.
ROXTEC – DISTRIBUTORS, STOCKISTS & SUPPLIERS
Thorne & Derrick provide competitive prices and fast delivery from stock for the complete range of Roxtec cable transits.
View the complete range of both round and rectangular Roxtec cable transits ➡
T&D - CABLE ♦ TRANSIT ♦ JOINT ♦ TERMINATE ♦ CONNECT ♦ GLAND ♦ CLEAT ♦ CRIMP ♦ DUCT ♦ SEAL ♦ REPAIR ♦ LV MV HV 11KV 33KV