Rail Cable Labels with Network Rail & London Underground (LUL) Approval
Published 05 Apr 2019
uploaded by Chris Dodds (Sales & Marketing Manager - Thorne & Derrick International)
Rail Cable Labels
T&D are Main Distributors for Silver Fox, the UK leading manufacturer of Wire & Cable Labelling Systems for the identification of LV MV HV Electrical, Instrumentation, Security, Data & Telecoms cables in the rail industry.
Key to the specification selection process for rail cable labels is the ability to demonstrate low smoke zero halogen performance in the event of a fire.
LU-1-085 Compliant Cable Labels
for London Underground
LU 1-085 is the current approval document which details the requirements of fire safety materials to be used on London Underground and Transport for London (TfL).
LU 1-085 includes rigorous fire and safety tests to ensure only the safest materials are installed onto a rail network that transported over 1 billion passengers in 2012.
Compliance of any cable or cable accessory with LU 1-085 is a hallmark of advanced technical specification and product performance.
The stringent performance testing of Silver Fox cable labels has ensured successful installation in high voltage electrical substations where long-term and durable cable labelling is essential on mission-critical power circuits at 11kV and 33kV voltages.
A range of products have been approved by both Network Rail and London Underground (LUL) including the Silver Fox-Flo Tie-on LS0H Cable Labels and the Silver Fox Legend Low Smoke Zero Halogen Heatshrink Cable Labels which are available in a continuous roll or ladder format.
Test, Test & Test Some More
Silver Fox cable labels go through rigorous independent testing to ensure their safety and reliability. These tests include:
- MIL – STD – 202G Method 106G – Moisture Resistance
- MIL – STD – 810F Method 502.4 – Low Temperature -25°C
- MIL – STD – 810F Method 502.4 – Low Temperature -40°C
- IEC60068 – 2 – 52 Test kb Salt Mist (Cyclic)
- H2S Exposure (Sour Ageing)
The Silver Fox Fox-Flo® Tie-On cable labels have also undergone specific testing for:
- UL 94 Section 8 ‘Vertical Burning Test’ Rating V0
- UV Weathering 8000 hours ISO 4982 Part 3 Method A Cycle 1
- IMO FTPC Part 2 – Smoke and Toxicity
- IMO FTPC Part 5 – Surface Spread of Flames
All this testing is part of Silver Fox’s continuing resolve to ensure their customers profit from effective and innovative cable labelling products, enabling them to use time productively, whilst also benefiting from high quality and durable solutions.
All Silver Fox Thermal Labels are printed using One Software, One Printer and One Ribbon.
- Tie-on LS0H Cable Labels
- Tie-on Cable Labels (PVC)
- Premium Heatshrink Cable Labels (Polyolefin)
- Tie-on Cable Labels (Durable Polyester)
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen Heatshrink Cable Labels (Polyolefin)
- Non-Shrink Cable Labels (PVC Tubing)
- 2 Part Cable Labels (Flexible Polyester)
- Wrap Around Cable Labels (Self Laminating Polyethylene)
Silver Fox Thermal Cable Labels
Video : How To Print 25,000 Cable Labels In 4 Hours
Rail Cable Accessories, Electrification & Installation Equipment
Thorne & Derrick stock and distribute an extensive range of 400V-33kV Rail Cable Accessories & Power Distribution Sytems including feeder pillars to contractors undertaking Low Voltage Power Distribution, HV Electrification & Substations, DC Traction & Networks, OLE and Track Feeder Cable Renewals – complete range of Network Rail PADS approved track terminations, cable joints, cable repair and connection products up to 25kV, including 3M Cold Shrink, Pfisterer CONNEX and Nexans Euromold products.