The Most Efficient & Simplest Cable Labelling System In the World
Published 22 Nov 2019
uploaded by Chris Dodds (Sales & Marketing Manager - Thorne & Derrick International)
Silver Fox Fox-In-A-Box®
Silver Fox are the leading UK manufacturer of cable labels and also the world’s most advanced labelling system for wires and cables, their Fox-In-A-Box.
Thorne & Derrick are Main Distributors for Silver Fox and can provide expert technical recommendations, installer training and competitive product supply from stock for cable labels to suit LV MV HV power, telecom, data, signal, network and fibre optic cables.
Labelling Features & Benefits
High specification and rigorously tested labels for cables with high resistance to salt mist spray, heat, flame, chemicals, gases (H2S) and UV for onshore and offshore environments – with fire safety testing and certification to BS 6853 for Toxic Fume and Smoke Density Emission to suit LSZH cable labelling applications.
- LSZH Zero Halogen Smoke, Toxic Fumes & Oxygen Index Tested
- Network Rail Approved
- London Underground Approved
- Low Temperature -40°C 1000 Hours
- High Temperature 70°C 1000 Hours
- Chemical | Solvent Resistance Test
- H2S Sour Gas Exposure
- UV Weathering ISO4982 Part 3 Method A Cycle 1
|Productivity||25,000 cable labels printed in 4 hours|
|Versatility||11 types of cable labels with FIAB|
|Durability||8000 hours accelerated UV age-tested permanent|
|Simplicity||Quick + easy to install – “turn time into profit”|
- Labacus® Innovator Basic Label Software
- DTP-1/300 Thermal Printer- Plug’N’Play
- Thermal Printer Ribbon
- Printer Leads
This is ideal for users who just want to cut and paste information then print the cable labels. Should they want to do more then there is a seamless upgrade path from the Basic to the Advanced or Professional levels ready to go.
This means that the initial investment is not wasted, the upgrade price is the current incremental cost between the levels, plus a small administration fee.
To make it easier, all levels of software have internal videos. From these, the user can learn how to run the software in just 5 minutes by watching the video.
No internet access is needed!
All Silver Fox Thermal Labels are printed using One Software, One Printer and One Ribbon
The Fox-In-A-Box® cable label system is available in three levels which offer increased software functionality for the DTP1/300 thermal printer – Basic, Advanced and Professional.
The Basic Fox-In-A-Box® allows users to create their own thermal cable labels, whilst the Advanced package adds the ability to accept or merge one or more columns in CSV files and to split the wire or cable label into more than one line.
It also allows the user to override the auto-font sizing and manually set this as required and to print from 2 rolls at the same time halving the label printing time and the print ribbon capacity.
The Professional model adds further functionality allowing the user to view and select individual or groups of cells for importing, duplicate cable ID’s, amend the number of labels required for each cable ID or produce cross ferruling ID and even print both ends of a wire at the same time.
Additionally, the Professional Fox-In-A-Box® can print bar codes and QR codes and import graphics for use such as printing warning signs on cable labels.
Entry Level starter pack with Labacus® Innovator Basic software to print all of the thermal range of Silver Fox cable labels, the software also includes templates for all our laser range
- Cut and paste from spreadsheets straight into the software
- Automated USB port identification
- Seamlessly change between cable label types
Mid-range cable labelling pack includes Labacus® Innovator Advanced Software.
All functionality of the Basic plus:
- From CSV Spreadsheet – Import single columns/merge multiple columns
- Multiple line labels
- Choose your own font size
- Print 2 rolls of heat-shrink/non-shrink at same time
Top end solution cable labelling system includes Labacus® Innovator Professional Software.
All functionality of the Advanced plus:
- Full spreadsheet view/import
- Select specific cells
- Produce cross ferrules
- Variable quantity duplication for each cable ID
- Bar Codes and QR Codes
- Import graphics and logos onto labels for asset management
|Order Code||Printer Model||Labacus Software|
➡ Overview of Silver Fox Cable Labelling Products
- Tie-on LS0H Cable Labels
- Tie-on Cable Labels (PVC)
- Premium Heatshrink Cable Labels (Polyolefin)
- Tie-on Cable Labels (Durable Polyester)
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen Heatshrink Cable Labels (Polyolefin)
- Non-Shrink Cable Labels (PVC Tubing)
- 2 Part Cable Labels (Flexible Polyester)
- Wrap Around Cable Labels (Self Laminating Polyethylene)
T&D are proud to support UK manufacturing and develop new business opportunities in the power, rail, renewable, oil and gas and industrial market sectors.
“Everybody at Silver Fox are looking forward to working even closer with the Sales Team at Thorne and Derrick to build further on our already successful working partnership.”
“Since 1985 Thorne and Derrick have been a proactive, hard-working and well-respected distributor of LV MV HV Cable Installation, Jointing, Substation & Electrical Eqpt, who are committed to professional customer support. We are proud to include them as part of our distribution network,” comments Tammy Page, Marketing Manager (Silver Fox).
Silver Fox are leaders in UK manufacturing of cable labelling solutions, delivering innovative, durable and efficient systems for Data & Telecoms, Electrical, Transportation and Energy industries worldwide.
➡ Further Reading
- The Case for Low Smoke Zero Halogen Cable Labels & Public Safety
- How to Label Cables Safely In Zone 1 & Zone 2 Hazardous Areas
- Rail Cable Labels with Network Rail & London Underground (LUL) Approval
LV, MV & HV Jointing, Earthing, Substation & Electrical Eqpt
Thorne & Derrick International are specialist distributors of LV, MV & HV Cable Installation, Jointing, Duct Sealing, Substation & Electrical Equipment – servicing UK and global businesses involved in cable installations, cable jointing, substation, overhead line and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV.
- Silver Fox Fox-in-a-Box Thermal Printer Starter Kit Size: 535.71 KB
- Silver Fox Fox-in-a-Box Comparison Size: 110.58 KB