DC Solar Cable Joints – General Cable Harmohny All Ground XZ1 (S)
Published 07 Sep 2018
Resin Cable Joints
- Product Category: Cable Joints Low Voltage LV
- Cable Joint Type: Heat Shrink | Cold Shrink | Resin Cast
- Cable Voltage: Low Voltage | Medium Voltage | High Voltage | Other – 600V 1000V
- Cable Joint Manufacturer: 3M Electrical
- Cable Manufacturer: General Cable Harmohny All Ground XZ1 (S) Aluminium
- Cable Type: DC Solar Cables
Cable Joint Application Notes – 3M Scotchcast cable joints are suitable to connect, repair and joint DC solar cables – this includes solar cables with XLPE insulation and halogen-free polyolefine outer sheath and semi-rigid Class 2 aluminium conductors to the following standards. The low voltage power distribution cable is suitable for direct buried installations.
3M straight connection joints provide excellent electrical insulation and mechanical protection – high weathering, tear, abrasion and impact resistant DC solar cable joints for unamoured and armoured (AWA SWA) type power cables.
- UNE-HD 603 5X Design & Test Standards
- UNE-EN 60332-1-2 IEC 60332-1-2 Flame Retardant Cable
- UNE-EN 60754-1 IEC 60754-1 Fire Retardant Cables
- UNE-EN 60754-2 IEC 6-754-2 Low Acidity & Corrosivity Of Evolved Gases
- UNE-EN 61034 IEC 61034 Low Opacity Of Evolved Fumes
Cable Joint Installation
♦ Cable Joint Installation Instruction – for further please see 3M LVI Scotchcast Cable Joints.
Electrical Conductor Connectors – both crimped or mechanical shearbolt connectors are suitable for use with resin cable joints. The following selection table for the DC solar cable joints includes the appropriate Pfisterer Sicon type mechanical connector, however Cembre connectors could also be used.
DC Solar Cable Joints Selection Table
|DC Solar Power Cables||Cable Conductor Size||Outside Cable Diameter||3M Scotchcast Cable Joint||Pfisterer Sicon Connector|
|0399402||70sqmm||20.7mm||3M LVI 1/2C Up to 25mm Dia Cables||332-601-010|
|0399401||95sqmm||22.3mm||3M LVI 1/2C Up to 25mm Dia Cables||332-601-010|
|0399403||120sqmm||24.0mm||3M LVI 1/2C Up to 25mm Dia Cables||332-607-010|
|16901A4||150sqmm||25.8mm||3M LVI 1/3 Up to 32mm Dia Cables||332-607-010|
|0399404||185sqmm||27.7mm||3M LVI 1/3 Up to 32mm Dia Cables||332-592-010|
|16901A5||240sqmm||30.5mm||3M LVI 1/4 Up to 45mm Dia Cables||332-592-010|
|0399405||300sqmm||32.8mm||3M LVI 1/4 Up to 45mm Dia Cables||332-603-010|
|0399406||400sqmm||35.9mm||3M LVI 1/5 Up to 45mm Dia Cables||332-603-010|
General Cable powers and connects our world – headquartered in Highland Heights, Kentucky, the company was founded in 1927 with many legacy products tracing back to the Industrial Revolution. General Cable is a global leader in the development, design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of copper, aluminium and fiber optic wire and cable products for energy, construction, industrial, automotive, specialty and communications segments.
Thorne & Derrick International can specify and supply standard and bespoke LV cable joints utilising heat shrink, cold shrink or resin cast type jointing kits.
Should you have a specific application for LV, MV, HV up to 33kV cable joints please contact us. For further information:
- 3M Scotchcast Resin Cable Joints LVI-1x – Armoured Cables Size: 95.54 KB