Balata Straps – Cable Straps To Support Rail Cables (LU & Network Rail Approved)
Cable Straps To Support Rail Cables
Balata Straps are polyester cable straps designed to provide a secure, reliable and robust cable supporting method suitable for use in all outdoor railway environments. Used for supporting MV, LV, signaling and communication cables across the existing balata cable containment found throughout the London Underground network.
Balata straps meet Powerlink and London Underground specifications for securing, strapping and supporting cables on the existing containment systems across bridges – this includes LV, MV, HV and pilot cable support.
- Fast and simple installation
- Meets Powerlink and London Underground requirements for securing LV, MV, Pilot, Signalling and Comms cables on the existing containment systems across bridges
- Provides a flexible cable containment that allows movement during expansion and contraction
- No tools required, just place around the cable and hook the strap ends over the steel studs
- Suitable for all cable types
- No sharp edges to damage cable sheaths
- The Nybal strap is a lower cost alternative to the originally used 3 ply Balata material strap
- Polyester has excellent UV resistant properties, high break capacity and is suitable for all weather conditions
The balata straps are available to suit all cable types:
|Part Number||Overall Loop Circumference (mm)||Strap Width (mm)||Material Type||Material Thickness (mm)|
The above information is for guidance only, other sizes can be made to order subject to MOQ.