Earthing & Short Circuiting Devices MV HV Substations & Overhead Lines
Pfisterer earthing & short circuiting devices are essential when working on electrical switchgear to ensure the users safety and to protect the switchgear. For earthing, and to set up a temporary short-circuit-proof link to parts of the switchgear you also need tools that meet the highest quality and reliability requirements.
IEC 61230:2008 is applicable to portable equipment, with or without matching connection points, for temporary earthing or earthing and short-circuiting of electrically isolated or de-energized a.c. and d.c. installations, distribution and transmission networks, whether they are overhead or underground or of low or high voltage.
Pfisterer has been developing and producing earthing and short-circuiting devices for decades offering quality and reliability as well as being manufactured in accordance with IEC 61230.
To enable the selection and specification of the correct Portable Earthing Kits please see the following information and complete the customer enquiry form and send to us.
Earthing & Short Circuiting Devices Technical Description
- Earthing and short-circuiting devices for short-circuit currents from 4.9 to 29.6 kA/s
- Copper earthing and short-circuiting cables can be supplied with cross-section from 25 mm2 to 150 mm2
- Individual conductors can be replaced by the appropriate connecting cluster
- Optimised protection from damage and atmospheric influences on cable ends
- Components suitable for different types of application
- Components dimensioned for high short-circuit currents
- Our earthing and short-circuiting devices are made extensively to IEC 61230 standard and type-tested on approved test equipment
Pfisterer earthing and short-circuiting devices are available in four basic types:
- Single-pole earthing and sort-circuiting device
- Double-pole earthing and short-circuiting device with two short-circuiting cables and one earthing cable
- Three-pole earthing and short-circuiting device with three short-circuiting cables and one earthing cable
- Four-pole earthing and short-circuiting device with four short-circuiting cables and one earthing cable
|Short-circuiting / Earthing Cable||Highest Permissible Short-Circuit Current (A)
over time period (s)
|Solid Neutral Earthing||Compensated Network (impedance neutral earthing)||2s||1s||>0.5s|