Power Supply Kiosks
What is a power Supply Kiosk?
Power supply kiosks form a part of the Ritherdon range of Feeder Pillars.
A power supply kiosk is a robust, weatherproof enclosure which can be either permanent or temporary in type. They are much faster to install than a brick built construction while being much more damage resistant than a plastic type enclosure.
A permanent supply kiosk is designed to enable all of the equipment associated with a building electricity supply, to be moved from inside of a property to outside. An electricity supply may need to be moved outside a property in order to save internal space. The supply enclosure can also be installed right on the boundary of the property, which would mean less installation work for the DNO and less cost for the property owner.
Typically, a temporary kiosk would typically be used to supply electricity to a large building site while meeting the specifications of the DNO. Ritherdon power supply kiosks are manufactured to ENW specification as standard.
The equipment typically housed inside of a power supply kiosk includes the Distribution Network Operator’s (DNO’s) “service head” or cut out and, for larger supplies, the CT chamber. The permanent power supply kiosk has a separate compartment for this and another compartment for equipment such as the meter and the distribution board.
➡ This video shows delivery of a PS300 Permanent Supply Kiosk – Crane lifted (HIAB) to the site. All PS300 and TBS300 power supply kiosks and enclosures are delivered on HIAB delivery due to their size.
single & Three phase supply kiosks
Ritherdon have designed and manufactured a range of stainless steel supply enclosures which can be installed very quickly.
Where more power is required a two-compartment cabinet would be needed: one side for the DNO equipment and another for the distribution panel and metering equipment.
A PS60 kiosk would be large enough for a <100 amp supply. Each compartment has its own door so that they are completely segregated.
The enclosure has (removable) lifting lugs on the outside so that it can be easily and safely delivered and installed on site.
The PS300 power supply kiosk also has two, separate compartments but is big enough to house the CT Chamber and associated cutout enclosure required for >70 kVA.
PS60 power supply kiosk
The PS60 power supply kiosk, manufactured by Ritherdon, provides a robust and weather-proof housing for a permanent electricity supply which meets the specifications of the DNOs for a permanent supply to a building or buildings (made to meet ENW specification for service head and CT chambers where required).
PS60 is much faster to install than a brick made kiosk and a lot more resistant to damage than a plastic enclosure.
- External dimensions: 1250 mm x 1266 mm x 430 mm (whd) including peaked roof
- Manufactured from 2 mm thick, 304 grade stainless steel sheet
- Comprises of two compartments which are 620 mm wide x 1000 mm high
- 3 locks per door with 2 tri-key camlocks and one central hasp and staple with padlock shroud
- Detachable lifting lugs
- Fabricated in our own factory from 304 grade, 2 mm stainless steel sheet
- Typical uses: to house meters, distribution boards and other electrical equipment rated up to around 100 A (60 to 70 kVA, depending on the DNO). Not intended to house a CT chamber
The larger PS300 is designed to fit a CT chamber for larger power requirements up to 430A.
Give us a call on 0191 4104292 or email us to discuss a power supply kiosk manufactured to your specific requirements.
PS300 pOWER sUPPLY KIOSK
PS300 power supply kiosks are two compartment enclosures designed specifically for permanent electrical connections, typically up to, but not limited to, 430 Amp*.
One compartment is to allow the electricity company to provide an incoming power supply and a second compartment for the consumer, supplied with a backboard for fitting the necessary equipment, such as distribution boards and consumer units, etc.
*Not limited to 430 Amp. This current is only given as a guide, as the typical equipment that can fit inside this kiosk. The amps will depend on the actual equipment you are fitting inside the enclosure.
- External dimensions: 1600 mm x 2307 mm x 800 mm (whd) including peaked roof (2025 mm high excluding roof)
- Two compartments measuring 750 mm x 2000 mm high
- Manufactured from 2 mm thick, 4003 grade stainless steel sheeting
- Lifting lugs concealed inside roof panel
- Features a multi-point locking system protected by padlock shroud and detachable lifting brackets
- Colour can be specified by you (the price may vary for certain colours).
- Typically used for up to 430 A (309 kVA) equipment for a three phase supply to a building or buildings. This enclosure has enough space to house a CT chamber
- Option to supply CT metering, please contact T&D for further information