Transformer Fuses – MV HV Fuses 3.3kV-33kV-36kV Transformers IEC ABB CEF
ABB CEF transformers fuses are current-limiting fuses which are especially suited for compact MV-HV switchgear and for switch-fuse combinations, 3.6-36kV, 6-200A.
MV-HV fuses suitable for 3.3kV, 11kV and up to 33/36kV transformer applications in accordance with IEC specification.
ABB CEF transformer fuses have integrated thermal released striker pins allowing the fuse release to be temperature dependant and overload spots which significantly reduce the fuse temperature during the interruption process. The CEF fuse has a high capability up to 63kA and temperature control units increase application safety for gas insulated panels, switchgear and electrical equipment up to 33kV.
CEF current limiting fuses are back-up type medium voltage fuses which limit the value of prospective short-circuit currents during the interruption process and extended the life time of nearby installed electrical equipment. CEF fuses when used in combination with load break switches equipped with fuse tripping system ensures control over the full range of overload and short-circuit currents.
- Product Category: MV HV Medium & High Voltage Fuses
- Fuse Type: ABB CEF
- Application: Transformers (MV Medium Voltage)
- Voltage: 3.3kV 11kV 33kV
- Specification: IEC
ABB CEF Transformer Fuses
Features & Benefits
- Unified voltage ratings for more application flexibility
- Integrated striker pin with temperature control unit (TCU) to prevent overheating in installation place
- Overload spots control internal arc initiation and determine outstanding temperature performance
- Single fuse version for both indoor and outdoor transformer operating conditions
- Narrow tolerance of resistance for better fuse synchronising in three phase networks
- Graved fuse data for long term fuse recognition
- Welded current path secures stable electrical contacts with active breaking elements
- Low minimum breaking current
- High breaking capacity in combination with fuse tripped load break switch offers competitive solution for short circuit currents interruption
- Low power losses make fuses suitable for MV compact switchgear and ring main units up to 33kV
- High current limitation significantly reduce prospective value of short circuit currents and therefore extends insulation live time
- Transformer fuses type tested according to IEC 60282-1
- ABB Optional Accessories – Fuse clips, fuse extension adaptor, indoor & outdoor fuse base with optional fuse presence/blown indication, test fuse link for striker system adjustment and operating tong for fuse replacement
- Also: MV HV Surge Arresters 11kV 33kV
ABB CEF Transformer Fuses – Fuse Ratings & Dimensions
|Rated Voltage Un (kV)||Rated Current ln (A)||Fuse Length e (mm)||Fuse Diameter D (mm)||Maximum Tested Breaking Current l1||Striker Temperature Control Unit (TCU) 80N||Overload Spots|
|3/7.2kV||6-200A||192 / 292 / 367mm||65 / 87mm||50kA||Yes||Yes|
|6/12kV||6-200A||292 / 442 / 537mm||53 / 65 / 87mm||50/63kA||Yes||Yes|
|10/17.5kV||6-125A||292 / 367 / 442 / 537mm||65 / 87mm||20/25kA||Yes||Yes|
|10/24kV||6-125A||442 / 537mm||53 / 65 / 87mm||63kA||Yes||Yes|
|20/36kA||6-40A||537mm||65 / 87mm||20kA||Yes||Yes|
MV HV Transformer Switchgear Cable Connectors & Terminations
Thorne & Derrick also distribute an extensive range of MV-HV Joints, Connectors & Terminations for installing medium/high voltage power cables onto gas insulated switchgear networks up to 33kV – this includes outer cone (Nexans Euromold) and inner cone (Pfisterer CONNEX) type cable plug and connectors. MV-HV fuses are available for transformer, switchgear, motor circuit and capacitor protection.