Motor Circuit Fuses – MV HV Fuses 3.6kV-12kV Motor Circuits IEC ABB CMF
ABB CMF motor circuit fuses can be used for medium voltage (MV) contactors and switch disconnectors which are used to control and protect AC motor circuits, 3.6-12kV, 63-315A.
Fuses suitable for 3.6kV (3.3kV) up to 11/12kV motor circuit applications in accordance with specification IEC60282-1 (IEC 282-1) and IEC60644 (IEC 644) and the dimensions are in accordance with DIN 43625 and IEC 60282-1.
- IEC 60644: High-voltage fuses used in motor circuits must be able to withstand, without deterioration, the repeated surges associated with motor starting.
Although MV-HV motor fuses are normally run at a stationary current, which is much lower than the fuse rated current, the low-loss characteristics of the ABB CMF fuses make them especially suitable in compact contactor compartments.
- Product Category: MV HV Medium & High Voltage Fuses
- Fuse Type: ABB CMF
- Application: Motor Circuit (MV Medium Voltage)
- Voltage: 3.6kV 12kV
- Specification: IEC
ABB CMF Motor circuit Fuses
Features & Benefits
- Fuses specially designed for medium/high voltage motor circuit protection
- Tested according to IEC 60644 which guarantees excellent ability to withstand repeated motor starting conditions
- High current rating within single body dimensions
- Low minimum breaking current
- Low power losses, specially suitable in compact contactor compartments
- High breaking capacity MV-HV fuses
- Available with BS tags
- High current limitation
- Versions CMF-TCU equipped with Temperature Control Unit, which protects against high temperature in enclosed compartments
- Equipped with medium type striker, which is activated immediately when the fuse-elements melt
- Type tested acc. to IEC 60282-1 and IEC 60644
- Dimensions acc. to IEC 60282-1 and DIN 43625
- Also: MV HV Surge Arresters 11kV 33kV
ABB CMF Fuses – Fuse Ratings & Dimensions
|Rated Voltage Un (kV)||Rated Current ln (A)||Fuse Length e (mm)||Fuse Diameter D (mm)||K-Factor According to IEC 60644||Maximum Tested Breaking Current l1 (kA)||Minimum Breaking Current l3 (A)||Fuse Resistance at 20ºC R0 (mΩ)||Power Loss At Rated Current (Pn)|
MV HV Transformer Switchgear Cable Connectors & Terminations
Thorne & Derrick also distribute an extensive range of MV-HV Joints, Connectors & Terminations for installing medium/high voltage power cables onto gas insulated switchgear networks up to 33kV – this includes outer cone (Nexans Euromold) and inner cone (Pfisterer CONNEX) type cable plug and connectors. MV-HV fuses are available for transformer, switchgear, motor circuit and capacitor protection.