Motor Circuit Fuses – MV HV Fuses 3.6kV-12kV Motor Circuits IEC ABB CMF
MV HV | Medium & High Voltage Electrical Circuit & Equipment Protection
Motor Circuit Protection up to 12kV
Rated Voltages | 3.6kV – 12 kV
Rated Currents | 6.3 A – 315 A
ABB CMF motor circuit fuses can be used for medium voltage (MV) contactors and switch disconnectors which are used to control and protect AC motor circuits, 3.6-12kV, 63-315A.
Medium voltage fuses, manufactured by ABB, suitable for 3.6kV (3.3kV) up to 11/12kV motor circuit applications in accordance with specification IEC60282-1 (IEC 282-1) and IEC60644 (IEC 644) and the dimensions are in accordance with DIN 43625 and IEC 60282-1.
- IEC 60644: High-voltage fuses used in motor circuits must be able to withstand, without deterioration, the repeated surges associated with motor starting.
Although MV-HV motor fuses are normally run at a stationary current, which is much lower than the fuse rated current, the low-loss characteristics of the ABB CMF fuses make them especially suitable in compact contactor compartments.
- Product Category: MV HV Medium & High Voltage Fuses
- Fuse Type: ABB CMF
- Application: Motor Circuit (MV Medium Voltage)
- Voltage: 3.6kV 12kV
- Specification: IEC
- See Also Medium Voltage Products | Surge Arresters | Bushings | Electrical Safety
ABB CMF Motor circuit Fuses
Features & Benefits
- MV fuses specially designed for medium/high voltage motor circuit protection
- Tested according to IEC 60644 which guarantees excellent ability to withstand repeated motor starting conditions
- High current rating within single body dimensions
- Low minimum breaking current of current limiting fuse
- Low power losses, specially suitable in compact contactor compartments
- High breaking capacity MV-HV fuses
- Available with BS tags
- High current limitation
- Versions ABB CMF-TCU equipped with Temperature Control Unit, which protects against high temperature in enclosed compartments
- Equipped with medium type striker, which is activated immediately when the fuse-elements melt
- Type tested acc. to IEC 60282-1 and IEC 60644
- Dimensions acc. to IEC 60282-1 and DIN 43625
- Also: MV HV Surge Arresters 11kV 33kV
➡ IEC 60282-1:2020 applies to all types of high-voltage current-limiting fuses designed for use outdoors or indoors on alternating current systems of 50 Hz and 60 Hz and of rated voltages exceeding 1000V. IEC 60644:2009 applies primarily to fuse-links used with motors started direct-on-line on alternating current systems of 50 Hz and 60 Hz. Standardizes time-current characteristics to formulate additional pulse withstand requirements regarding testing and to give guidance for the selection of fuse-links to be used with motors.
ABB CMF Fuses – Fuse Ratings & Dimensions
|Rated Voltage Un (kV)||Rated Current ln (A)||Fuse Length e (mm)||Fuse Diameter D (mm)||K-Factor According to IEC 60644||Maximum Tested Breaking Current l1 (kA)||Minimum Breaking Current l3 (A)||Fuse Resistance at 20ºC R0 (mΩ)||Power Loss At Rated Current (Pn)|
fUSES FOR Motor Circuits | mEDIUM vOLTAGE
ABB CMF type fuse-links are designed to protect medium voltage motor circuits against thermal and dynamic effects of short-circuit currents. The fuse range features a special design of fuse-links resistant to cyclical load typical for motor applications and offer continuous protection and reliable operation guaranteed by robust design and compliance with newest IEC standards. Outdoor sealing included in standard version, designed and tested for harsh conditions.
MV HV Transformer Switchgear Cable Connectors & Terminations
Thorne & Derrick also distribute an extensive range of MV-HV Joints, Connectors & Terminations for installing medium/high voltage power cables onto gas insulated switchgear networks up to 33kV – this includes outer cone (Nexans Euromold) and inner cone (Pfisterer CONNEX) type cable plug and connectors. MV-HV fuses are available for transformer, switchgear, motor circuit and capacitor protection.