Transformer Fuses – MV HV Fuses 7.2 kV – 40.5 kV Transformers IEC ABB WBP
MV HV | Medium & High Voltage Electrical Circuit & Equipment Protection
Voltage Transformer Protection up to 40.5 kV
Rated Voltages | 7.2 kV – 40.5 kV
Rated Currents | 0.5 A – 4 A
ABB WBP transformers fuses are current-limiting fuses which are especially suited for compact MV-HV switchgear and for switch-fuse combinations, 7.2-40.5kV, 0.5-4A.
MV-HV fuses, manufactured by ABB, are suitable for 7.2kV and up to 40.5kV transformer applications in accordance with IEC specification.
ABB WBP transformer fuses have integrated thermal released striker pins allowing the fuse release to be temperature dependant and overload spots which significantly reduce the fuse temperature during the interruption process. The ABB WBP fuse has a high capability up to 120kA and temperature control units increase application safety for gas insulated panels, switchgear and electrical equipment up to 40.5kV. The WBP fuse links are used to protect switchgear equipment against short circuits in voltage transformers. Protection of switchgear equipment is very effective due to the unlimited breaking capacity and short-circuit current limitation of this type of MV-HV fuse link. In addition, their very small dimensions mean the ABB WBP type fuse-links can be used in various types of switchgear, including those that are flame-proof for hazardous area locations.
WBP current limiting fuses are back-up type medium voltage fuses which limit the value of prospective short-circuit currents during the interruption process and extended the life time of nearby installed electrical equipment. ABB WBP fuses when used in combination with load break switches equipped with fuse tripping system ensures control over the full range of overload and short-circuit currents.
- Product Category: MV HV Medium & High Voltage Fuses
- Fuse Type: ABB WBP
- Application: Transformers (MV Medium Voltage)
- Voltage: 7.2kV – 40.5kV
- Specification: IEC
- See Also Medium Voltage Products | Surge Arresters | Bushings | Electrical Safety
ABB WBP Transformer Fuses
Features & Benefits
- Safe operation of electrical circuits with voltage transformers on medium voltage electrical power systems
- Reduce cost of service due to extended lifetime of related electrical equipment by effective limitation of short-circuit currents
- Easier handling of fuse thanks to a more durable design with porcelain tube comparing to previous generation
- Rated voltages 7.2 kV – 40.5 kV with rated current of 0.5 A – 4 A
- MV fuses for indoor applications
- Designed and type tested acc. to IEC 60282-1
- Fuse type: Back-up
- Compatible with medium voltage ABB voltage transformers types TJC, TDC
- Also: MV HV Surge Arresters 11kV 33kV
➡ IEC 60282-1:2020 applies to all types of high-voltage current-limiting fuses designed for use outdoors or indoors on alternating current systems of 50 Hz and 60 Hz and of rated voltages exceeding 1000V.
ABB WBP Transformer Fuses – Fuse Ratings & Dimensions
|Catalogue Number||Fuse Name||Rated Voltage U (kV)||Rated Current I (A)||Rated frequency fr (Hz)||Breaking capacity|
current I (A)
|Fuse Base Type|
|Rated voltage Ur – should be equal to or higher than the maximum operating system voltage|
Rated current Ir – should be higher than the maximum continuous current of the voltage transformer
MV HV Transformer Switchgear Cable Connectors & Terminations
Thorne & Derrick also distribute an extensive range of MV-HV Joints, Connectors & Terminations for installing medium/high voltage power cables onto gas insulated switchgear networks up to 33kV – this includes outer cone (Nexans Euromold) and inner cone (Pfisterer CONNEX) type cable plug and connectors. MV-HV fuses are available for transformer, switchgear, motor circuit and capacitor protection.