Railway Fuses – MV HV Fuses 1.9kV & 4kV DC Railways IEC ABB WBT
MV HV | Medium & High Voltage Electrical Circuit & Equipment Protection
Railway DC System Protection up to 4kV
Rated Voltages | 1.9 kV – 4 kV
Rated Currents | 3 A – 80 A
ABB WBT railway fuses are current-limiting fuses which are especially suited to protect MV-HV traction substation and electric traction rolling stock equipment, 1.9kV DC and 4kV DC, 3 A – 80 A.
Fuses, manufactured by ABB, are suitable for medium/high voltage 1.9kV and 4kV DC railway applications in accordance with IEC specification.
The ABB WBT fuse has a high capability up to 50kA and temperature control units increase application safety for MV-HV gas insulated panels, switchgear and electrical equipment up to 4kV DC.
WBT current limiting fuses are back-up type medium voltage fuses which limit the value of prospective short-circuit currents during the interruption process and extended the life time of nearby installed electrical equipment. ABB WBT fuses, when used in combination with load break switches equipped with fuse tripping system, ensures control over the full range of overload and short-circuit currents.
- Product Category: MV HV Medium & High Voltage Fuses
- Fuse Type: ABB WBT
- Application: Railway (MV Medium Voltage)
- Voltage: 1.9kV 4kV DC
- See Also Medium Voltage Products | Surge Arresters | Bushings | Electrical Safety
ABB WBT Railway Fuses
Features & Benefits
- High efficiency in protection against short circuit current
- Increased life time of apparatus isolation due to significant reduction of prospective short circuit currents
- Rated voltages: 1.9 kV – 4 kV
- Rated currents: 3 A – 80 A
- Application: indoor
- Proven and reliable design
- Special connection system suitable for railway installations
- R1, P1 fire-protection grade for the materials used
- Also: MV HV Surge Arresters 11kV 33kV
ABB WBT Fuses – Fuse Ratings & Dimensions
|Fuse Link Type||Highest Operating Voltage Un (kV) DC||Rated Current||Switching Overvolt UTRV (kV)||Rated Breaking Current l1 (kA)||Weight (kg)||Resistance mΩ|
|Acc PN-E-06172:1999-14 ln (A) DC||Acc UIC-552 ln (A) DC||Min||Max|
MV HV Transformer Switchgear Cable Connectors & Terminations
Thorne & Derrick also distribute an extensive range of MV-HV Joints, Connectors & Terminations for installing medium/high voltage power cables onto gas insulated switchgear networks up to 33kV – this includes outer cone (Nexans Euromold) and inner cone (Pfisterer CONNEX) type cable plug and connectors. MV-HV fuses are available for transformer, switchgear, motor circuit and capacitor protection.