Low Voltage LV Industrial Cable Joints – Prysmian FRZHMB
Prysmian FRZHMPB industrial branch cable joints are used for fire resistant LV cables with copper & aluminium conductors ranging from 2.5sqmm to 120sqmm and have Rigid glass reinforced phenolic joint shells which are both fire retardant and LS0H.
FRZHMPB low voltage cable joints include low hazard isocynate free JEM resin which has extremely low viscosity and enhanced adhesion and are designed to allow use with compression connectors.
T&D can offer the full range of Prysmian cable joints for low voltage industrial cable jointing applications.
Prysmian FRZHMPB Cable Joints
- Low Voltage Branch Joints for 600/1000 Volt polymeric insulated copper conductors.
- Tested and approved to BS EN 50393 & ENA ER C81
- Fire tests on complete joints to BS 6387 categories C, W and Z
- Includes constant force spring Armour Bonds.
Prysmian JEM Resin Features & Benefits
- Easier resin mixing by the cable jointer in “Twin Pack” totally enclosed mixing in a clear laminate sachet.
- Extremely low mix viscosity allows void free cable joint filling.
- JEM Resin is insensitive to moisture and will cure under water.
- Enhanced adhesion to XLPE, MDPE, PVC & lead covered cables.
- High flash point, non-flammable liquid – no special storage or transport requirements.
- Not classified as irritating to the skin or eyes.
- Does not cause skin sensitisation.
Cable Joint Component Characteristics
|Prysmian’s Fire Resistant Joints are tested to BS6387 categories C, W & Z||Performance||Symbol||FR Joint|
|Resistance to Fire – The joint is tested by exposure to gas burner flames while passing a current at its rated voltage||650°C for 3 hours
750°C for 3 hours
950°C for 3 hours
|Resistance to Fire with Water Spray – The joint is exposed to flames at 650°C for 15 minutes whilst passing a current of 250MA at a rated voltage and then the spray is turned on to give exposure to both fire and water for a further 15 minutes||650°C||W||Pass|
|Resistance to Fire with Mechanical Shock – The joint is mounted on a back panel and exposed to flames whilst the bedding panel is struck with a solid steel bar every 30 seconds for 15 minutes||950°C||Z||Pass|
CABLE JOINTS Dimensions
|Prysmian Cable Joint Reference||Dimensions|
Note: Prysmian FRZHMB joints are provided without connectors, compression connectors can be provided separately.
LOW VOLTAGE CABLE JOINTS Selection Table
|Nominal Area of Conductor||Two Core Ref||Three Core Ref||Four Core Ref|
➡ For jointing all types of XLPE, EPR and PILC power, control and instrumentation cables in straight, branch or transition arrangement including zero halogen, fire resistant and hazardous areas see Resin Cable Joints