Low Voltage LV Industrial Cable Joints – Prysmian MPJEM
Prysmian MPJEM industrial straight cable joints are used for LV cables with copper conductors ranging from 1.5sqmm to 400sqmm and have a slim-line (“torpedo) joint shell designed to allow use with compression connectors.
MPJEM low voltage cable joints include low hazard isocynate free JEM resin which has extremely low viscosity and enhanced adhesion with transparent injection moulded polypropylene joint shells up to size 4 and vacuum formed clear HIPS for the larger sizes of cable joint.
T&D can offer the full range of Prysmian cable joints for low voltage industrial cable jointing applications.
Prysmian MPJEM Cable Joints
- Low Voltage Straight Joints 600/1000 Volt Polymeric Insulated Cables XLPE EPR
- Copper Conductors, SWA Cables BS5467, BS6346 & IEC 502
- Tested & Approved to BS EN 50393 & ENA ER C81
- Constant Force Spring Armour Bonds Included
Prysmian JEM Resin Features & Benefits
- Easier resin mixing by the cable jointer in “Twin Pack” totally enclosed mixing in a clear laminate sachet.
- Extremely low mix viscosity allows void free cable joint filling.
- JEM Resin is insensitive to moisture and will cure under water.
- Enhanced adhesion to XLPE, MDPE, PVC & lead covered cables.
- High flash point, non-flammable liquid – no special storage or transport requirements.
- Not classified as irritating to the skin or eyes.
- Does not cause skin sensitisation.
CABLE JOINTS Dimensions
|Prysmian Cable Joint Reference||Minimum Box Entry ∅ (A)||Maximum Box Entry ∅ (B)||Box Length (C)||Internal ∅ (D)|
Note: Prysmian MPJEM joints are provided without connectors, compression connectors can be provided separately.
LOW VOLTAGE CABLE JOINTS Selection Table
|Nominal Area of Conductor||Two Core Ref||Three Core Ref||Four Core Ref||Connector Ref|
*Joint does not accommodate crossed core (phase to phase jointing)
➡ For jointing all types of XLPE, EPR and PILC power, control and instrumentation cables in straight, branch or transition arrangement including zero halogen, fire resistant and hazardous areas see Resin Cable Joints