Prysmian 424MA NicAL-X Explosion Proof Cable Gland Metal Clad Armoured Cables
Explosion Proof Cable Glands
Prysmian 424MA NicAL-X is an explosion proof cable gland suitable for metal clad armored cables which aids the control of migrating gases and is the best choice for when the highest level of protection is required. The cable glands are specified for use with explosion proof equipment in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas and Class 1, Div 1 and 2 installations – the compound forms a cable sealing barrier around the cores of the cable to prevent gas migration.
424MA cable glands are manufactured from aluminium with a bright nickel coated hub for enhanced corrosion protection in marine and offshore cable installations.
Prysmian 424MA NicAL
Features & Benefits
- Fast easy cable gland installation
- Large termination and sealing range
- Space and weight saving explosion proof glands
- Cable glands tested to UL & CSA standards
- For Class I, II & III Division 1 & 2 applications with type MC-HL continuous corrugated aluminium armor cables
- For Class I, II & III Division 2 applications with type MC interlocking armor cables
- Accepted by ‘American Bureau of Shipping’ and ‘Lloyds Register’
- All Prysmian cable glands are supplied with complete installation instructions
Cable Gland Selection Table For Prysmian 424MA Explosion Proof Glands
|Prysmian Gland Reference||Cables Dimensions Accomodated||Connector Dimensions||Weight|
|Prysmian Design Reference||Hub Size NPT (D)||Over Armor (A)||Overall ∅ (B)||Hub Length (E)||Protrusion Length (F)||Diameter (G)||lbs|
Thorne & Derrick distribute the complete range of Prysmian Cable Accessories for LV MV HV applications – this also includes cable cleats, joints and terminations for 11kV/33kV applications. For the maintenance and repair of damaged low voltage cables a complete range of LV resin cable joints are available for industrial and hazardous area locations. MV cable joints utilising cold-applied Cold Shrink technology enable the safe jointing of 11kV/33kV cables in potentially explosive atmospheres.