E1XF40 Hazardous Area Cable Glands – Prysmian KA473-57
Prysmian KA473-57 (E1XF40) E1XF hazardous area cable glands are certified ΙΙ 2GD, Ex e ΙΙ & Ex d ΙΙC under ATEX directive 94/9/EC suitable for circular braid wire armour cables with extruded polymeric bedding and oversheath achieving IP66 seal onto cable and to enclosure with suitable sealing washer or thread sealant.
Prysmian KA473-57 are suitable for most climatic conditions – weatherproof and waterproof with a service temperature range –60°C to +90°C.
Hazardous Area Cable Glands
- Manufacturer: Prysmian
- Brand: Bicon
- Order Code: KA473-57 (E1XF40)
- Cable Gland Size: E1XF40
- Pack Quantity: 1 Cable Gland
- Cable Dimensions Under Armour Ø (A): Min 26.6mm Max 32.4mm
- Cable Dimensions Overall Ø (B): Min 29.0mm Max 39.9mm
- Entry Thread (D) : M40×1.5
- Thread Length (E) : 15mm
- Protrusion Length (F): 56mm
- Hexagon A/F (G): 56.4mm
- Hexagon A/C (H): 61.5mm
- Nickel Plated Version: Prysmian KA473-57V (E1XF40)
- ➡ More: Hazardous Area Cable Glands | Flameproof & Explosion Proof
Hazardous Area Cable Accessories
To ensure the reliability of uninterrupted LV MV HV power supply in hazardous area locations, T&D distribute the 3M Electrical range of Scotchcast cable joints which utilise chemical and hydrocarbon resistant resin for long-term stability in Zone 1 and Zone 2 areas – hazardous area cable joints are suitable for power, control and instrumentation cables.
The 3M LC range of Cold Shrink joints are specified for both onshore and offshore jointing of cables in hazardous areas and potentially explosives atmospheres as the installation is completed without the requirement for “hot-working” techniques associated with heat shrink joints and terminations.