Low Voltage LV Industrial Cable Joints – Prysmian ZHMB
Prysmian ZHMPB industrial branch cable joints are used for LS0H/LSF LV cables with copper & aluminium conductors ranging from 10sqmm to 120sqmm and have Rigid glass reinforced phenolic joint shells which are both fire retardant and LS0H.
ZHMPB low voltage cable joints include low hazard isocynate free JEM resin which has extremely low viscosity and enhanced adhesion and are designed to allow use with compression connectors and mechanical connectors.
T&D can offer the full range of Prysmian cable joints for low voltage industrial cable jointing applications.
Prysmian ZHMPB Cable Joints
- Low Voltage Branch Joints for 600/1000 Volt polymeric insulated copper conductors, SWA cables to BS6724 and IEC 60502-1 (halogen free).
- Tested and approved to BS EN 50393 & ENA ER C81
- Tests on complete joints to BS 6724 (using IEC 1034 methods) give smoke emission values A0 significantly less than the permitted maximum of 1.5.
- Includes constant force spring Armour Bonds.
Prysmian JEM Resin Features & Benefits
- Easier resin mixing by the cable jointer in “Twin Pack” totally enclosed mixing in a clear laminate sachet.
- Extremely low mix viscosity allows void free cable joint filling.
- JEM Resin is insensitive to moisture and will cure under water.
- Enhanced adhesion to XLPE, MDPE, PVC & lead covered cables.
- High flash point, non-flammable liquid – no special storage or transport requirements.
- Not classified as irritating to the skin or eyes.
- Does not cause skin sensitisation.
Cable Joint Component Characteristics
|Property||Test Method||Shell GF Phenolic||Resin Filled Acrylic|
|Oxygen Index||BS2782 Pt.1Mth.141||>70||>26|
|Temperature Index||BS2782 Pt.1Mth.143||>350ºC||N/A|
|Heat Distortion Temperature||BS2782 Pt.1Mth.121A||>150ºC||N/A|
|Toxic Gas Emission||N/A||Nil||Nil|
|Smoke Emission||BS6724||A0 < 1.5||N/A|
CABLE JOINTS Dimensions
|Prysmian Cable Joint Reference||Dimensions|
Note: Prysmian ZHMB joints are provided without connectors, compression connectors and mechanical connectors can be provided separately.
LOW VOLTAGE CABLE JOINTS Selection Table
|Nominal Area of Conductor||Two Core Ref||Three Core Ref||Four Core Ref|
➡ For jointing all types of XLPE, EPR and PILC power, control and instrumentation cables in straight, branch or transition arrangement including zero halogen, fire resistant and hazardous areas see Resin Cable Joints