Arc Flash Polo Shirt Category 2 11 Cal
ProGARM Arc Flash Polo Shirt is tested to achieve Category 2 protection with 11cal/cm² according to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 ‘open arc’ test method.
Arc flash polo shirt sizes ranging from S-4XL.
Premium navy long sleeved polo shirt constructed using VXS+ Pique Flame Resistant fabric with soft touch finish.
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-1-1:2009 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – 11cal/cm²
- IEC 61482-1-2:2007 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 1
Arc Flash Polo Shirt Category 2
Features & Benefits
- Enclosed stud placket – allows quick fastening of the polo shirt
- VXS+ Flame Resistant blend – natural feel, comfortable, soft & ultimate protection against flame hazards
- Breathable with good moisture management
- ThermSAFETM plastic FR poppers – CE Certified
- Knitted collar with tipping – ensures best appearance after washing
- Rib knit cuffs – close fit
- Colour matched to other navy ProGARM garments – best appearance
- SafetyICONTM on arm – visual EN Standards icon system
- Garment Order Code – ProGARM 5200
- Category 2 Arc Flash Protection
- See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 5200 arc flash polo shirts conform to the following European Standards:
- EN ISO 11612:2015 | A1 | B1 | C1
IEC 61482:2009 | Class 1 4kA | 14.2cal/cm2
ProGARM 5200 polo shirts must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV). The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2007.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 1
Garment Category – Polo Shirt
Order Code – ProGARM 5200
- Anti Static BS EN 1149-5:2008 Electrostatic Properties Of Protective Clothing
- Flame Resistant EN ISO 11612:2015 Protective Clothing Against Heat & Flame