Arc Flash Sweatshirt Category 2 14.4 Cal
ProGARM Arc Flash Sweatshirt provides Category 2 protection 14 cal/cm² is achieved according to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 ‘open arc’ test method – when combined with ProGARM 5630 Arc Flash Polo Shirt a clothing protection layer level of Category 3 (31.0 cal/cm²).
Arc flash sweatshirt sizes ranging from S-4XL.
Premium Flame Resistant sweatshirt featuring innovative arm panel design with pocket and constructed using VXS+ jersey with brushed fleece inner for warmth.
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-1-1:2009 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – 14.4cal/cm²
- IEC 61482-1-2:2007 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 1
Arc Flash Sweatshirt Category 2
Features & Benefits
- Brushed fleece innner – winter warmth
- VXS+ blend – natural feel, comfortable & soft
- Breathable with good moisture management
- Round neck collar with stretch rib – smart apppearance
- Rib knit cuffs – close fit
- 5cm stretch rib Hem – best fit around the waist
- Arm pocket – useful pocket for phone or small items
- Colour matched to other navy ProGARM® garments – best appearance
- SafetyICONTM on arm – visual EN Standards icon system
- Garment Order Code – ProGARM 5630
- Category 2 Arc Flash Protection
- See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 5630 arc flash sweatshirt conform to the following European Standards:
- EN ISO11612:2015 | A1 | B1 | C1
- EN 1149-5:2009
- IEC61482:2009 | Class 1 4kA | EBT50=14.4cal/cm2ARC Rating: 2
ProGARM 5630 arc flash sweatshirts must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV). The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2007.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 1
Garment Category – Sweatshirt
Order Code – ProGARM 5630
- Anti Static BS EN 1149-5:2008 Electrostatic Properties Of Protective Clothing
- Flame Resistant EN ISO 11612:2015 Protective Clothing Against Heat & Flame