3M 82BF1 Submersible Cable Joints Using Scotchcast Resin
3M 82BF1 submersible cable joints are flexible branch and tap cable splices utilising Scotchcast resins for use on non-shielded, unarmoured portable power cables and cords, marine and offshore shipwiring cables 600/1000v, including all offshore power and instrumentation topsides cables to IEC/NEK606 and halogen-free mud resistant cables (BFOU and RFOU) types.
3M Scotchcast 82BF1 cable joint kits are extensively specified to repair, connect and joint submersible motor pump cables – this includes in both straight, branch and tap-off cable configuration.
82-BF series suitable for use in weather-exposed, direct burial or submerged locations – for making branch splices on non-shielded portable power cables and cords rated up to 5kV for single conductor and up to 1000V (600/2000V mine portable cable) for multi-conductors.
3M 82BF1 Cable Jointing & Splicing Kits
- 3M Cable Splicing Kit Number: 3M 82-BF1
- Type Of Resin: 3M Scotchcast
- Cable Outer Diameter Range: 0.25-0.80″ / 6-20mm
- Branch Cable Connector Type: Compression “C” Tap
- Number of Conductors: 1/Multi
- Max Voltage Rating: 1000V (multi conductors – mine portable cable rating of 600/2000 volts)
- Conductor Size Range (AWG): Up to 1/0 (1 conductor), Base multi-conductor selection on cable outer diameter range for multi conductors
- Splice Type: Branch
- Voltage: 1kV, 5kV
- Voltage Application: Low Voltage
- Product Category: LV Cable Joints