3M 82F1 Submersible Cable Joints Using Scotchcast Resin
3M 82F1 submersible cable joints are flexible inline and tap cable splices utilising Scotchcast resins for use on non-shielded, unarmoured portable power cables and cords, marine and offshore shipwiring cables 600/1000v, including all offshore power and instrumentation topsides cables to IEC/NEK606 and halogen-free mud resistant cables (BFOU and RFOU) types.
82-F series suitable for use in weather-exposed, direct burial or submerged locations – for making inline splices on non-shielded portable power cables and cords rated up to 5kV for single conductor and up to 1000V (600/2000V mine portable cable) for multi-conductors.
3M Scotchcast 82F1 cable joint kits are extensively specified to repair, connect and joint submersible motor pump cables – this includes in both straight, branch and tap-off cable configuration.
Subsea Cable Repair Joint
82F1 joints manufactured by 3M can also be used to repair damaged sheaths of medium/high voltage subsea cables subject to permanent seawater immersion using flexible and electrical insulating 3M Scotchcast 2131 Resin – this includes repairing medium voltage submarine cables, EPR insulated, with PE oversheaths, 6.6kV/11kV/33kV.
3M 82F1 Cable Jointing & Splicing Kits
- 3M Cable Splicing Kit Number: 3M 82-F1
- Type Of Resin: 3M Scotchcast
- Cable Outer Diameter Range: 0.25-0.80″ / 6-20mm
- Cable Connector Type: Compression Inline
- Number of Conductors: 1/Multi
- Connection Max Outer Diameter – 0.62″ (16mm) connector or 0.90″ (23mm) connector bundle
- Max Voltage Rating: 5000V (1 conductor), 1000V (multi conductors – mine portable cable rating of 600/2000 volts)
- Conductor Size Range (AWG): 6-1/0 (1 conductor), Base multi-conductor selection on cable outer diameter range for multi conductors
- Splice Type: Inline
- Voltage: 1kV, 5kV
- Voltage Application: Low Voltage
- Product Category: LV Cable Joints