3M HDCW 55/15 Heat Shrink Cable Sheath Repair Sleeves
3M HDCW 55/15
3M HDCW 55/15 is an ideal solution for quickly and safely repairing damaged cable sheaths and jackets – the cable repair heat shrink sleeve primary application is to provide electrical insulation to damaged low voltage power cables up to 1000V and for rejacket or repair to cable sheaths up to 33kV.
Wraparound sleeves are mainly used for repairing outer/inner sheath of the cables.
HDCW 55/10 sleeves provide corrosion protection to the metallic parts of the cables that are exposed to polluted or corrosive environment.
HDCW is available in sizes from 35/10 mm to 140/40 mm in standard sleeve lengths of 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1200 mm in colour black – the cable repair sleeve consists of a raised rail profile with interlocking stainless steel channel and thick wall adhesive lined heat shrink tube to wraparound the section of damaged cable to reinstate the electrical insulation to the sheath/jacket.
The hot melt adhesive coating of the HDCW55/10 cable repair sleeve is activated under the application of heat to melt, flow and provide a secure environmental seal to all types of cables; this includes steel wire armoured (SWA), aluminium wire armoured (AWA), lead-sheath jacketed and wire braided type marine, offshore and shipwiring cables – installed using heat shrink torches.
HDCW 55/15 forms part of the 3M range of cable repair kits.
3M HDCW 55/15 Heat Shrink Cable Sheath Repair Sleeves – Features
- Quick and easy cable sheath repair kits for low and high voltage networks
- Maximum protection against electrical and mechanical stress
- Excellent bonding to standard cable jacket sheaths
- Suits polymeric cables (XLPE EPR) and JCN types
- Standard Length 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1200mm
- Sleeve Diameter – heat shrink recovered 15mm (max) as supplied 55mm (min)
- Dimensions: H 175mm, F 18mm, T 0.9mm
- Minimum Shrink Temperature: 120°C
- Dielectric Strength: 12kV/mm
- Operating Temperature Range (Celsius): -30ºC to 130ºC
- Heat Shrink Cable Sheath Repair Sleeves
|3M HDCW Part Number||H/mm||F/mm||T/mm|
3M Heat Shrink Cable Repair sleeves in the HDCW range are designed to quickly repair damaged cable jacketing are available in various lengths and diameters to suit a wide range of cables:
|3M HDCW Cable Repair Kit Part Number||Standard Length (mm)||Sleeve Diameter|
|Recovered (max) mm||As supplied (min) mm|
|HDCW 35/10||250, 500, 750, 1000, 1200||10||35|
|HDCW 55/10||250, 500, 750, 1000, 1200||15||55|
|HDCW 80/25||250, 500, 750, 1000, 1200||25||80|
|HDCW 110/30||250, 500, 750, 1000, 1200||30||110|
|HDCW 140/40||250, 500, 750, 1000, 1200||40||140|