Hazardous area cable joint
XLPE EPR PILC Cables 600V/1000V Up To 3.3kV
3M LVI-3/7 Scotchcast hazardous area cable joints are used to joint, splice or cable repair single core and multi-core armoured polymeric power cables with XLPE or EPR insulation, lead sheath and core conductors 120sqmm-1000sqmm.
LVI37 cable joints are suitable for both EPR wire braided (galvanised steel wire braid GSWB) and XLPE wire armoured (galvanised steel wire armour SWA) cables, including PILC cables with lead sheath. Compatible with braid armour/armor of bronze or tinned copper and arctic grade cable sheath.
Using mechanical shearbolt connectors, such as Pfisterer Sicon, the cable joints can be used with both metric and AWG/kcmil specification conductors.
Joint kits also suitable for transition joints to PILC cable – contact T&D for clarification about ATEX certification for cable joints in Zone 1 & Zone 2 hazardous areas.
Where no “hot-working” is permitted in hazardous areas and potentially explosive atmospheres but hydrocarbon resistant resin cable joints are not required, we can recommend Cold Shrink type cable joints for cable connections, joints or repairs.
Cable Joint Applications
The cable joint shell and resin is water resistant, flame retardant, hydrocarbon resistant and halogen free – LVI3 type resin cable joints are stable at lower temperatures down to -40°C with severe cold durability for splicing and jointing single and multiple conductor cables in demanding environments on offshore drilling and petroleum facilities.
These type of cable joints are suitable for cables with the following Ratings & Approvals:
- NVE 95/1696 FAL
- Transport Canada 8700-20-2
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV) E-6669, E-6388, E-6390, E-6391
- Lloyds Register Of Shipping (LRS) 91/60333 (E6)
- American Bureau Of Shipping (ABS) 99-BT5905-X
- UL Listed Marine Shipboard Cable (E111461)
- United States Coast Guard 1986/9304
- CSA Listed Marine Shipboard Cable (82346)
3M LVI-3/7 Joint Kit Selection
- Cable Joints – Resin Encapsulated
- Single Core Armoured/Braided Cable 1kV – 1000sqmm
- 2 Core Armoured/Braided Cable 1kV – 240-400sqmm
- 3 Core Armoured/Braided Cable 1kV – 150-300sqmm
- 4 Core Armoured/Braided Cable 1kV – 120-185sqmm
- Single Core Armoured/Braided 3.3kV – 1000sqmm
- 3 Core Armoured/Braided 3.3kV – 185-240sqmm
- Cable Voltage 600/1000V (up to 3.3kV)
- 3M LVI-3/7 utilises Scotchcast 1402FR resin
- Chemical Resistant, Halogen Free & Flame Retardant
- Order Code 3M LVI37
3M LVI-3/7 Hazardous Area Cable Joints Dimensions
|3M LVI-3/7 Kit Size||3M LVI-3/x-C Kit Part Number||Dimensions A (mm)||Dimensions B (mm)||Dimensions C (mm)||Dimensions D (mm)||Image Dimensions|
3M LVI-3/7 HAZARDOUS AREA CABLE JOINTS (1402FR RESIN)
➡ Selection table for 3M LVI37 cable joints:
|CSA (sqmm)||3M LVI-3/7-C Kit Reference|
|1 Core 1kV||2 Core 1kV||3 Core 1kV||4 Core 1kV||1 Core 3.3kV||3 Core 3.3kV|