3M Scotchrap 51 Tape – Corrosion Protection Tapes (PVC Heavy Duty)
3M Scotchrap 51 Tape is a tough PVC (polyvinyl chloride) based tape with special high tack adhesive formulated to resist corrosion – corrosion protection tape can be applied over a wide temperature range and is resistant to impact, abrasions and punctures.
Scotchrap 51 Tape formulated to resist corrosion of metal piping systems above and below ground, fittings and cable joints on all millcoated pipe and electrical conduit systems and forms part of the 3M Scotch Electrical Tapes.
Availability: Contact Thorne & Derrick Sales for competitive prices and delivery from stock for 3M Scotchrap 51 tape.
3M Scotchrap 51 Tape
Corrosion Protection Tapes (PVC Heavy duty) Features
- Resists abrasion, moisture, corrosive salt water, soil acids, and alkalis and salts
- Resistant to common chemicals, chemical vapours
- 3M Scotchrap 51 Tape is resistant to outdoor weathering and sunlight
- Resistant to impact, punctures and tears
- High electric strength, and excellent insulating properties
- Scotchrap 51 Tape has a continuous operating temperature range from -48°C to 80°C
- Application temperature from -12°C to 65.6°C
3M SCOTCHRAP 51 – Applications
- Protection of metal pipe systems both above and below ground
- Use Scotchrap™ Pipe Primer to prepare surfaces for tape application
- Use Scotchfil Electrical Insulation Putty to build up irregular surfaces to provide a smooth, waterproof taping surface
3M Scotchrap 51 Tape – Corrosion Protection Tapes (PVC Heavy duty)
|Thickness||0.508mm (20 mils)|
|Temperature Range||Normal Application -12°C to 65.6°C, Normal Service -48°C to 80°C|
|Backing (Material Type)||Polyvinyl chloride based tapes with special high tack adhesive|
|Width x Length||25mm x 30.5m, 50mm x 30.5mm, 101mm x 30.5mm|
|Dielectric Strength||20,000 Volts|
|Adhesion to Steel||-12°C – 0.328kN/m, 23°C – 0.219kN/m|
|Adhesion to Backing||-12°C – 0.328kN/m, 23°C – 0.219kN/m|
➡ T&D stock and supply the complete range of 3M Corrosion & Fire Protection Tapes.
3M Scotch Electrical tapes including Scotchrap 51 are used to cable joint, splice, repair, seal and protect cables against abrasion, fire and corrosion – this includes LV-HV (11kV-33kV cables) – please contact T&D should you require assistance with selecting the correct tape.
Trademarks: 3M, Scotch, Scotchfil and Scotchrap 51 are all trademarks of 3M Company.
Complete range of 3M Cable Accessories for the repair, joint and termination of LV MV HV cables.