3M Scotchfil Electrical Putty
Scotchfil Electrical Putty
3M Scotchfil Electrical Putty is a 3.175mm thick electrical grade compound in tape form – Scotch mastic tape has excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture, alkalis, acid, copper corrosion and varying weather conditions (including sunlight).
Scotchfil Electrical Putty can be wrapped, stretched or molded around irregular shapes for quick, smooth insulation build-up.
3M Scotchfil Electrical Putty when over wrapped with either Super 33+ or Super 88 Vinyl Electrical Tape. Scotchfil™ electrical putty can also be used to build up cable joints and fill out major irregularities and voids.
Availability: Contact Thorne & Derrick Sales for competitive prices and delivery from stock for 3M Scotch 2220 tape.
Specification – 3M Scotchfil Putty
3M Scotchfil insulating putty must be in tape form, the thickness of which must be a minimum of 2.54mm. The Scotchfil tape must be a rubber-based tape capable of being formed and moulded with moderate finger tension at temperatures as low as 0°C (32°F). Neither the tape nor any of its components shall cause the corrosion of copper. The electrical putty tape must be compatible with all synthetic cable insulation as well as other splicing tapes.
3M Scotchfil Electrical Putty Features
- Scotchfil Electrical Putty is non-corrosive, synthetic rubber
- Excellent ageing properties
- Applies cleanly without waste
- Excellent electrical properties
- Will not dry out
- UL recognised electrical putty
3M SCOTCHFIL ELECTRICAL – Applications
- To insulate low-voltage (600 volts and less) connections
- To build up cable splices and fill out major irregularities and voids in low-voltage splices (2300 volts and less) in order to obtain a uniform base for further taping
- To round out high-voltage connections to gear
- To create a resin dam in resin pressure splices
- To create a moisture seal at ground wire exit in high-voltage splices
- To moisture seal multi-conductor cable connection
3M Scotchfil Electrical Putty Technical Specification
|Temperature Range||0 to 80°C (176°F)|
|Material Type||Synthetic Rubber|
|Width x Length||38mm x 1.5m|
|Insulation Resistance||>1 x 106 megohms|
➡ T&D stock and supply the complete range of 3M Scotch Mastic Tapes.
3M Scotch Electrical tapes including Scotchfil Electrical Putty are used to cable joint, splice, repair, seal and protect cables against abrasion, fire and corrosion – this includes LV-HV (11kV-33kV cables) – please contact T&D should you require assistance with selecting the correct tape.
Trademarks: 3M, Scotch, Scotchfil and Scotchfil Electrical Putty are all trademarks of 3M Company.
Complete range of 3M Cable Accessories for the repair, joint and termination of LV MV HV cables.