BS7870 4.10 – 19/33kV Single Core XLPE Unarmoured Cable
Nexans Cable Description: 19/33kV Single core unarmoured XLPE insulated cables. Rated voltage 19/33kV.
International : IEC 60502-2
National : BS 7870-4.10
Description: Exact data will vary based upon the options required. The cable is suitable for rated voltage 19/33KV according to IEC 60502-2.
33kV BS7870 4.10 Cable Design
- Stranded Copper or
- Stranded Aluminium
- Option – water swellable powders or tapes
- SC XLPE
- Bonded SC XLPE
- Option – cold strippable SC XLPE
Paper separation Tapes
- Option – water swellable tapes
Copper Wire Screen
- Number and diameter of wires dependant upon required earth fault rating
- Option – copper equalising tapes applied helically
- Black MDPE
- Option – LSOH material
- Sheath embossed or indented with year of manufacture, size and type of conductor and voltage in accordance with design standard employed
- Option – sequential metre marking
♦ See Cable Jointing Tools to enable cable sheath, semi-con screen and insulation removal of BS6622 cables.
➡ See HV Cable Joints, Terminations & Connectors to enable the installation of BS6622 6.35/11kV 3 Core SWA Cable – for terminating medium voltage cables into MV-HV gas insulated switchgear, transformers and electrical equipment with outer cone type bushings please see Nexans Euromold connectors – slip-on, heat shrink terminations and cold shrink cable joints from 11kV-33kV (42kV) also available for MV-HV cables.