Raychem Cable Terminations – HV High Voltage Outdoor Substation 88kV
Published 11 Apr 2018
- Application: Terminating HV High Voltage Outdoor Substation 88kV
- Cable Type: Nexans
- Cable Termination Manufacturer: Raychem Cable Terminations
- Cable Jointer: Henry Kriek High Voltage Jointer at CBI Electric Power Installations
Raychem cable terminations using heat shrink technology can operate under severe environmental conditions for connecting and terminating MV HV cables in both indoor and outdoor applications.
Polymeric insulated cables of various designs and cross sections can be adopted with respect to shielding and metal sheath. Composite housings with different creepage lengths up to 50 mm/kV are available for the most common and also extreme pollution levels according to IEC 60071-1 and IEC 60071-2.
Brugg cable stripping tools were used by the cable jointer to strip tand prepare the single core high voltage 2500sqmm XLPE insulated cables.
High voltage products help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimising environmental impact in applications such as substations, power transmission, enabling smart grid and enhancing eco-efficiency.
Operating and maintaining high voltage systems requires experienced operatives with specialist skills.
CBI Electric African Cables
Since 1935, African Cables, now CBI-electric: African Cables designs and manufactures a comprehensive range of MV HV electric power cables at its Vereeniging factory.
CBI-electric: African Cables is the only cable manufacturer in Southern Africa to supply a range that meets any user requirement, irrespective of load. Included in this manufactured range are low voltage PVC/XLPE insulated cable; medium voltage XLPE; paper-insulated cable, aerial Bundled Conductor (ABC), ACSR and high voltage XLPE insulated cable.
Should you require any assistance with the selection or specification of MV HV cable joints or terminations please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thorne & Derrick Specialist Electrical Distributor
LV ♦ MV ♦ HV
T&D distribute the most extensive range of LV, MV & HV Cable Jointing, Terminating, Installation & Cable Pulling Equipment – we service UK and international clients working on underground cables, overhead lines, substations and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV transmission and distribution voltages.
- Key Products: MV-HV Cable Joints & Terminations, Cable Cleats, Duct Seals, Cable Transits, Underground Cable Protection, Cable Jointing Tools, Feeder Pillars, Cable Ducting, Earthing & Lightning Protection, Electrical Safety, Cable Glands, Arc Flash Protection & Fusegear.
- Distributors for: 3M, ABB, Alroc, Band-It, Catu, Cembre, Centriforce, CMP, Elastimold, Ellis Patents, Emtelle, Furse, Lucy Zodion, Nexans Euromold, Pfisterer, Polypipe, Prysmian, Roxtec.
T&D’s Power Blog covers: LV MV HV & EHV Transmission & Distribution, Substations, Switchgear, Cable Jointing & Termination, Cable Fault & Repair, Underground Cables.