Cable Protection & Covers For MV HV Power Cables
Published 12 Jan 2018
Uploaded By: Chris Dodds - reading time 5 minutes
Centriforce Tapetile and Stokbord underground cable protection tiles and covers are the market leading, heavy duty utility protection system for protecting underground cable and pipes – this includes low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage power networks working at 11kV/33kV up to and including 132kV/275kV extra high voltage cables.
T&D supply the most extensive range of Centriforce Cable Protection products from stock for delivery throughout the UK to most UK DNO specifications in both Tapetile and Stokbord ranges – used to protect MV-HV Underground Cables & Joints.
& Stokbord Covers
➡ The following Selection Table outlines the current approved Cable Protection Systems for UK DNO’s for underground medium and high voltage cables.
|UK Power Networks||Centriforce||Tapetile||200×2.5mmx40m|
|UK Power Networks||Centriforce||Stokbord||1000x244x9mm|
|Western Power Distribution (WPD)||Centriforce||Stokbord||1000x450x12mm|
|Western Power Distribution (WPD)||Centriforce||Stokbord||1000x244x12mm|
|Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE)||Centriforce||Stokbord||1000x244x12mm|
Centriforce Stokbord and Tapetile heavy duty plastic underground cable covers have virtually replaced concrete cable covers, tiles and plates for several reasons:
- Clearest warning of underground buried cables to third parties
- Can be custom made with sizes to suit specific utility cable protection for 11kV, 33kV, 66kV and 132kV
- Contains bold warning text and UK DNO logo for clear cable identification
- Damage to medium and high voltage cables less likely therefore reducing the cost of repairs, jointing and outages
- Lightweight and easy to install cable covers irrespective of weather and soil conditions
- Durable with good impact resistance
- Rotproof and resistant cable covers to wide range of soil conditions
Electrical Explosion – An 11kV Cable Strike
Two construction companies have been fined £90,000 after workers were seriously burned, and one scarred for life, after they cut into a live 11kV electrical cable. Unprotected underground cables distributing medium and high voltage electricity pose serious health and safety dangers.
T&D are Specialist Distributors to the UK Distribution Network Operators (DNO’s), NERS Registered Service Providers, ICP’s and High Voltage Jointing Contractors of an extensive range of Cable Joints, Substation, Distribution, Tooling & Installation Equipment approved by the utilities:
- Electricity North West – ENW
- ESB Networks
- NIE – Northern Ireland Electricity Networks
- SPEN – Scottish Power Energy Networks
- SSE – Scottish & Southern Energy Networks
- UKPN – UK Power Networks
- WPD – Western Power Distribution
- NPG – Northern Power Grid
THORNE & DERRICK SPECIALIST ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTOR
LV ♦ MV ♦ HV
T&D distribute the most extensive range of LV, MV & HV Cable Jointing, Terminating, Cable Pulling & Installation Equipment – we service UK and international clients working on underground cables, overhead lines, substations and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV transmission and distribution voltages.
- Key Products: MV-HV Cable Joints & Terminations, Cable Cleats, Duct Seals, Underground Cable Protection, Cable Jointing Tools, Feeder Pillars, Cable Ducting, Earthing & Lightning Protection, Electrical Safety, Cable Transits, Cable Glands, Arc Flash Protection & Fusegear.
- Distributors for: 3M, ABB, Alroc, Band-It, Catu, Cembre, Centriforce, CMP, Elastimold, Ellis Patents, Emtelle, Furse, Lucy Zodion, Nexans Euromold, Pfisterer, Polypipe, Prysmian, Roxtec.
Thorne & Derrick invite you to join LinkedIn’s largest LV-HV Electrical Discussion Group : Low & High Voltage Power, Cabling, Jointing & Electricals. Discussion subjects include cable installations, cable jointing, substation, overhead line and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV. Network, engage and promote your profile, company or products with over 10,000 influencers.
- Tapetile Cable Covers – 11kV Cable Protection For Underground MV-HV Cable Trench – Brochure Size: 571.89 KB
- Stokbord Cable Covers – 33kV – 132kV Cable Protection For Underground HV – EHV Cable Trench Size: 571.89 KB