Arc Flash Waterproof Jacket Category 2 11 Cal Hi Vis Orange
Arc Flash Clothing
Category 2 Arc Flash Jacket By ProGARM
ProGARM Arc Flash Waterproof Jacket provides Category 2 protection against arc flash with 11cal/cm2 according to IEC 61482-2:2020 ‘open arc’ test method.
Should you require guidance on selection and use of an Arc Flash Calculator please call Thorne & Derrick, the UK’s leading specialist distributor of electrical safety equipment for LV (Low Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) and HV (High Voltage).
Jacket sizes range from S-4XL, REG LEG (31”/80cm) and M-2XL TALL LEG (33”/85cm)
The 9140 Unlined Waterproof Jacket offers the ultimate innovation and protection. Brilliantly designed with the wearer’s safety, comfort and convenience in mind, it boasts many additional features including adjustable cuffs, two front pockets, adjustable waist tabs and studs to attach the 9141 Waterproof Jacket Hood. Jacket should be worn with 9144 Unlined Waterproof Dungarees as a two-piece set.
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-2:2020 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – 11cal/cm2
- IEC 61482-2:2020 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 1 4kA
Arc Flash Jacket Category 2
Features & Benefits
- Category 2 Arc Flash Protection
- Mandarin collar – maximum neck protection
- Adjustable cuffs – Close fit around wrists or gloves
- Two front pockets – Extra, secure storage
- Adjustable waist tabs – Ensures close fit
- Studs to attach waterproof hood – Protection from all weather
- Internal pockets – Secure storage
See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 9140 Waterproof Jacket conforms to the following European Standards:
- EN ISO 11611: 2015 | Class 1 | A1
- EN ISO 11612: 2015 | A1 | B1 | C1 | D1 | E1 | F1
- EN 1149-5:20018 | Pt. 5:2008 | Pt. 3:2004 | Charge Decay
- BS EN 61482-2:2020: APC 1 | ATPV=11 cal/cm² | ELIM=9.3 cal/cm²
- EN 13034:2005: Type 6
- EN 343:2019: Class 4/3
- EN ISO 20471:2013: Class 3
- RIS 3279: Issue 2
Jacket | Care Information
ProGARM 6100 coveralls must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Arc Flash coverall Size Chart
|CHEST TO FIT (INCHES)||36-38||38-40||40-42||42-43||43-44||44-46||46-48||48-50||50-52||52-54||54-56||56-58||58-60|
|CHEST TO FIT (CMS)||90-95||95-100||100-105||105-107.5||107.5-110||110-115||115-120||120-125||125-130||130-135||135-140||140-145||145-150|
|INSIDE LEG TO FIT (INCHES)||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5|
|INSIDE LEG TO FIT (CMS)||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75|
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV).
The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2009.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 1
Garment Category – Jacket
Order Code – ProGARM 9140