Arc Flash Lineman Coverall Category 2 9.5 Cal
Arc Flash Clothing
Category 2 Coverall By ProGARM
ProGARM Arc Flash Coverall provides Category 2 protection against arc flash with 9.5cal/cm2 according to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 ‘open arc’ test method.
Should you require guidance on selection and use of an Arc Flash Calculator please call Thorne & Derrick, the UK’s leading specialist distributor of electrical safety equipment for LV (Low Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) and HV (High Voltage).
Specifically designed for workers in the Utility and Energy markets requiring a lighter weight fabric and a garment that can be worn in conjunction with a body harness.
Arc flash coverall sizes range from S-4XL, REG LEG (31”/80cm) and M-2XL TALL LEG (33”/85cm)
The premium quality coverall is made with VXS+ super soft 240gms Flame Resistant fabric.
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-1-1:2009 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – 9.5cal/cm2
- IEC 61482-1-2:2007 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 1 4kA
Arc Flash Coverall Category 2
Features & Benefits
- Category 2 Arc Flash Protection
- Mandarin collar – maximum neck protection
- Kneepad pockets – wear with kneepads for extra comfort
- Vertical zip chest pockets – accessible when wearing a harness
- Expandable ankle opening with zippers – easy removal
- SafetyICONTM on arm – visual EN Standards icon system
- 5cm Heat Applied Reflective Tape – lighter weight
- Combat pocket on leg plus sleeve pocket – ample space
- Velcro® secured cuff tabs – close fit around wrist or gloves
- Side access pockets with flaps – with entry inside coverall
- ThermSAFETM plastic FR zippers – CE Certified
- Internal elastic two-point adjustable waistband – ensures close fit
- Triple stitched side seams – Lifetime quality assurance
- Easy-StretchTM side panels – maximum wear comfort
See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 6458 arc flash coveralls conform to the following European Standards:
- EN ISO 11611:2015 | Class 1 | A1
- EN ISO 11612:2015 | A1 | B1 | C1 | F1
- EN1149-5:2008 | Pt. 5:2008 | Pt. 3:2004 | Charge Decay
- EN ISO 20471:2013 | Class 3
- IEC 61482-2: 2009 | Class 1 | EBT50 = 9.5cal/cm² | ARC 2
Coverall | Care Information
ProGARM 6458 arc flash coveralls must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Arc Flash coverall Size Chart
|CHEST TO FIT (INCHES)||36-38||38-40||40-42||42-43||43-44||44-46||46-48||48-50||50-52||52-54||54-56||56-58||58-60|
|CHEST TO FIT (CMS)||90-95||95-100||100-105||105-107.5||107.5-110||110-115||115-120||120-125||125-130||130-135||135-140||140-145||145-150|
|INSIDE LEG TO FIT (INCHES)||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5||29.5|
|INSIDE LEG TO FIT (CMS)||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75|
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV).
The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2009.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 1
Garment Category – Coverall
Order Code – ProGARM 6458
- Anti Static BS EN 1149-5:2008 Electrostatic Properties Of Protective Clothing
- Flame Resistant EN ISO 11612:2015 Protective Clothing Against Heat & Flame