Arc Flash T-Shirt Category 1
Arc Flash Clothing
Category 1 T-Shirt By ProGARM
ProGARM Arc Flash T-Shirt provides Category 1 protection against arc flash according to IEC 61482-1-2:2009 ‘box test’ test method. Ideal for use as an extra protective layer or can be worn on its own.
Should you require guidance on selection and use of an Arc Flash Calculator please call Thorne & Derrick, the UK’s leading specialist distributor of electrical safety equipment for LV (Low Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) and HV (High Voltage).
Arc flash T shirt sizes range from S-4XL.
The long sleeved t-shirt is constructed using VXS+ jersey Flame Resistant fabric with a soft touch finish
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-1-1:2009 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – NA
- IEC 61482-1-2:2007 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 1 4kA
Arc Flash T-Shirt Category 1
Features & Benefits
- Category 1 Arc Flash Protection
- Round neck rib knit collar – traditional design
- VXS+ blend – natural feel, comfortable & soft
- Breathable with good moisture management
- Open cuffs – relaxed fit-shirt
- Generous length – maximum protection
- Colour matched to other navy ProGARM garments for best appearance
- SafetyICONTM on arm – visual EN Standards icon system
See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 5430 arc flash t-shirts conform to the following European Standards:
- EN ISO 11612:2015 | A1 | B1 | C1
- EN 1149-5:2009 | Pt. 5:2008 | Pt. 3:2004 | Charge Decay
- IEC 61482:2009 | Class 1
T-shirt | Care Information
ProGARM 5430 arc flash t-shirts must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Arc Flash T-Shirt Size Chart
|Chest to Fit (inches)||34-36||36-38||38-41||41-44||44-46||46-50||50-52||52-56||56-58|
|Chest to Fit (cms)||85-90||90-95||95-102.5||102.5-110||110-115||115-125||125-130||130-140||140-145|
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV).
The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2009.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 1
Garment Category – T-Shirt
Order Code – ProGARM 5430
- Anti Static BS EN 1149-5:2008 Electrostatic Properties Of Protective Clothing
- Flame Resistant EN ISO 11612:2015 Protective Clothing Against Heat & Flame