Arc Flash Sweatshirt Category 2 21.6 Cal Hi Vis Orange
ARC FLASH CLOTHING
Category 2 Sweatshirt By ProGARM
ProGARM Arc Flash Sweatshirt is tested to achieve Category 2 protection against arc flash 21.6cal/cm² according to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 ‘open arc’ test method. Designed to be worn with ProGARM 5290 arc flash polo shirt.
Should you require guidance on selection and use of an Arc Flash Calculator please call Thorne & Derrick, the UK’s leading specialist distributor of electrical safety equipment for LV (Low Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) and HV (High Voltage).
Arc flash sweatshirt sizes rangefrom S-4XL.
Hi vis and Flame Resistant sweatshirt in unique VXS+ blend of fibres developed to meet the requirements of GO/RT 3279 for workers on or near the trackside.
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-1-1:2009 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – 21.6cal/cm²
- IEC 61482-1-2:2007 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 1
Arc Flash Sweatshirt Category 2
Features & Benefits
- Category 2 Arc Flash Protection
- Arc Flash protection and Flame Resistant fabric
- Brushed fleece inner – winter warmth
- VXS+ blend – natural feel, comfortable & soft
- Breathable with good moisture management
- Round neck collar with stretch rib – smart appearance
- Rib knit cuffs – close fit sweatshirt
- 5cm stretch rib hem – best fit around the waist
- Arm pocket – useful pocket for phone or small items
- SafetyICONTM on arm – visual EN Standards icon system
- 5cm Flame Resistant Anti Static Stretch Reflective Tape – heat applied to improve flexibility
See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 5648 arc flash sweatshirt conform to the following European Standards:
- EN ISO 11612:2015 | A1 | B1 | C1
- EN ISO 20471:2013 | Class 3
- IEC 61482-2:2009 | Class 1 | ATPV = 21.6cal/cm² | ARC 2
- RIS 3279 | Issue 1
Sweatshirt | Care Information
ProGARM 5648 arc flash sweatshirt must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Arc Flash sweatshirts Size Chart
|Chest to Fit (inches)||34-36||36-38||38-41||41-44||44-46||46-50||50-52||52-56||56-58|
|Chest to Fit (cms)||85-90||90-95||95-102.5||102.5-110||110-115||115-125||125-130||130-140||140-145|
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV).
The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2007.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 1
Garment Category – Sweatshirt
Order Code – ProGARM 5648
- Anti Static BS EN 1149-5:2008 Electrostatic Properties Of Protective Clothing
- Flame Resistant EN ISO 11612:2015 Protective Clothing Against Heat & Flame