Arc Flash Waterproof Jacket Category 4 47 Cal Hi Vis Orange
ARC FLASH CLOTHING
Category 4 Waterproof Jacket By ProGARM
ProGARM Arc Flash Waterproof Jacket is tested to achieve Category 4 protection against arc flash with 47cal/cm² according to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 ‘open arc’ test method, and class 3 hi vis offering innovation and protection. Designed to be worn with the ProGARM 9660 arc flash waterproof salopettes as a two-piece set.
Should you require guidance on selection and use of an Arc Flash Calculator please call Thorne & Derrick, the UK’s leading specialist distributor of electrical safety equipment for LV (Low Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) and HV (High Voltage).
Arc flash jacket sizes range from S-4XL.
Brilliantly designed with the wearer’s safety, comfort and convenience in mind, it boasts many additional features such as seamless shoulder and a fully adjustable hood.
Also available in hi vis yellow, please see 9750 arc flash waterproof jacket.
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-1-1:2009 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – 47cal/cm²
- IEC 61482-1-2:2007 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 2
Arc Flash waterproof Jacket Category 4
Features & Benefits
- Category 4 Arc Flash Protection
- Flame Resistant fabric and Arc Flash protection
- Two tone design – practical and stylish
- Elasticated inner cuffs – wind proofing
- Storm flap– wind proofing
- Taped seams – waterproof / windproof jacket
- Velcro fastening tabs on cuffs and back – improve fit
- Fully adjustable, fold away hood with Velcro – safety and comfort
- Removable Hood and compatible with helmet hood 9751
- Radio loop attaching point on left breast
- Zipped Napoleon pocket on left breast with incorporated phone pocket – safe and secure
- Inner pockets on right hand breast – storage space
- Covered, zipped hand pockets – keeps out debris and keeps contents secure
- No seams on shoulder – improved durability as well as comfort whilst wearing a harness
- Mandarin collar – Maximum neck protection
- 50mm double stitched reflective tape – increased durability
- Fully lined – warmth and comfort
- Easy Stretch side panels – wear comfort
- Extended back – protection when bending over
- SafetyICON™ on arm – visual EN standard
- ThermSAFE™ plastic FR Zipper – CE Certified
See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 9440 arc flash jacket conform to the following European Standards:
- EN 343:2003 + AI:2007
- EN 1149-5:2008 | Pt. 5:2008 | Pt. 3:2004 | Charge Decay
- EN 13034:2005 | Type PB (6) | +AI:2009
- EN ISO 11611:2015 | Class 2 | A1
- EN ISO 11612:2015 | A1 | B1 | C1 | D2 | E3 | F1
- EN ISO 20471:2013 | Class 3
- IEC 61482-2:2009 | Class 2 | ATPV = 47cal/cm² | ARC 4
- RIS 3279: Issue 1
Jacket | Care Information
ProGARM 9440 arc flash jacket must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Arc Flash Waterproof Jacket Size Chart
|EU Size (Top)||44-46||48-50||52-54||56-58||60-62||64-66||68-70||72-74||76-78|
|CHEST TO FIT (INCH)||34-36||36-38||38-41||41-44||44-46||46-50||50-52||52-56||56-58|
|CHEST TO FIT (CM)||85-90||90-95||95-102.5||102.5-110||110-115||115-125||125-130||130-140||140-145|
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV).
The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2007.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 2
Garment Category – Waterproof Jacket
Order Code – ProGARM 9440
- Anti Static BS EN 1149-5:2008 Electrostatic Properties Of Protective Clothing
- Flame Resistant EN ISO 11612:2015 Protective Clothing Against Heat & Flame