Polymer Cable Trough Systems – TTS Green Trough
TTS Green Trough Systems
Polymer Cable trough
TTS Green Trough cable trough is suitable for a wide range of civil infrastructure projects including rail, motorways, bridges, tunnels, water treatment plants, nuclear power and renewable energy. It is made from a 100% recycled polymer.
The environmentally friendly and rugged units carry lv-hv power and communications cabling anywhere; horizontally, vertically, at an angle, around an obstruction, along a wall, as a walkway and even in an elevated position.
With weight savings of up to 85% compared to the concrete cable trough alternatives, TTS polymer cable trough substantially reduces transport and on-site handling costs and offers installers a truly customisable solution.
Connecting TTS Green Trough units is easy and any trough combination is possible. With a male and female connector moulded into the end of each base unit, no joint grouting is required. Pan and tilting flexibility in the joints also means a bending angle of 2° to 5° can be achieved (enabling the route to form a natural minimum radius of 13 to 15 metres).
This function makes laying TTS trough on uneven surfaces much easier and they can be effectively installed into various ground types, including ballast, soil (or a combination) and as a free-standing cable trough route.
TTS troughs can also interface with existing concrete trough units. A configuration service is available to engineer our products to your needs – tell us your design problems and our technical team will help you to find a solution.
Network Rail Cable Troughs
The ground level or elevated polymer cable trough management system comprising troughs and lids conforms to Network Rail NR/L2/TEL/00013 for protection and management of trackside cables including LV Low Voltage and HV High Voltage signal, telecoms and power cables up to 25kV.
TTS Green Trough
- Impact Resistant – Green Trough can safely tolerate loads of 4.9kN/500mm without sustaining any visible or structural damage.
- Flame Resistant – Green Trough will self extinguish in less than 60 seconds once the flame source is removed. (Based on JESC E7003) Green Trough is also halogen free.
- Secure Lid – A variety of lid fixing types are available to suit the clients security and access requirements.
- Versatile – Straights, bends, gradients and T-junctions all available in an extensive range of sizes, together with accessories and an elevated system.
- Load Bearing – Green Trough can safely tolerate loads of 4.9kN/500mm without sustaining any visible or structural damage.
- Easy to Install – Using Green Trough can significantly reduce labour time. Units can be modified on site using basic hand tools. Overall ‘installed cost’ is reduced when compared with concrete alternatives.
- Weather Resistant – Resistant to damage from salt and snow melting agents. Excellent weather resistance. Equivalent to 50 years in compliance with our original accelerated UV test.
- Lightweight – Approximately 70% lighter on average than conventional concrete alternatives. Green Trough can be installed by human power and is compliant with manual handling limits.
- Intuitive Joint – Joint system allows for minor obstacles to be avoided without the need for 45 degree units. A radius of 13-15m (left and right) can be created by using only straight units.
Polymer Cable Trough
- 90 Series – TTS 90 Series is nearest dimensionally to the traditional C/1/6 concrete size, and is suitable for ground installation, wall mounted, or elevated on posts.
- 135 Series – TTS 135 Series is nearest dimensionally to the traditional C/1/7 concrete size, and is suitable for ground installation, wall mounted, or elevated on posts.
- 150 Series – TTS 150 Series is nearest dimensionally to the traditional C/1/7 concrete size, but has virtually the same carrying capacity as C/1/9. Suitable for ground installation, wall mounted, or elevated on posts.
- 200 Series – TTS 200 Series is nearest dimensionally to the traditional C/1/9 concrete size, but is also an applicable alternative to C/1/8 and C/1/10. Suitable for ground installation, wall mounted, or elevated on posts.
- 300 Series – TTS 300 Series is nearest dimensionally to the traditional C/1/29 concrete size, and is suitable for ground installation.
- 430 Series – TTS 430 Series is nearest dimensionally to the traditional C/1/43 concrete size, and is suitable for ground installation.
- Walkway – TTS Walkway is a combined dual cable trough route and anti-slip walkway.
Cable Trough Comparison
Polymer v Concrete Troughing
TTS Green Cable Trough is available and certificated for use in an elevated application. The trough accessories for use in an elevated application includes standard brackets to mount the cable trough support ladders on posts (either at one or two levels) or wall mounting brackets (for both perpendicular or angled walls). A separate Technical Specification for the elevated system is available – contact Thorne & Derrick.
|Concrete Trough Size Code||Ext Width mm||Ext Depth mm||Internal Capacity CSA mm²||Weight (inc lid) kg||TSS Green Trough Code||Ext Width mm||Ext Depth mm||Internal Capacity CSA sqmm||Weight (inc lid) kg||TSS Capacity v Concrete|