Transformer Fuses – MV HV Fuses 12kV-30kV/40.5kV Transformers IEC ABB CEF-S
ABB CEF-S transformers fuses are current-limiting fuses which are especially suited for protecting MV-HV distribution transformers, 12-24kV 30/40.5kV, 6.3-63A and can be used for high power wind farms (up to 3000kVA) when used in combination with NALFWind load break switches.
MV-HV fuses suitable for 12-24kV and 30/40.5kV transformer applications in accordance with IEC specification.
ABB CEF-S-TCU transformer fuses have integrated thermal released striker pins allowing the fuse release to be temperature dependant and overload spots which significantly reduce the fuse temperature during the interruption process. The CEF-S fuse has a high capability up to 50kA and temperature control units increase application safety for gas insulated panels, switchgear and electrical equipment up to 33kV.
CEF-S current limiting fuses are back-up type medium voltage fuses which limit the value of prospective short-circuit currents during the interruption process and extended the life time of nearby installed electrical equipment. CEF-S fuses when used in combination with load break switches equipped with fuse tripping system ensures control over the full range of overload and short-circuit currents.
- Product Category: MV HV Medium & High Voltage Fuses
- Fuse Type: ABB CEF-S
- Application: Transformers (MV Medium Voltage)
- Voltage: 12-24kV 30/40.5kV
- Specification: IEC
ABB CEF-S Transformer Fuses
Features & Benefits
- Rated voltage: 12, 24 and 30/40,5 kV, rated current 6,3 – 63 A
- Excellent protection against faults in low voltage switchgears
- Special design to achieve very low breaking current within 100ms
- Low minimum breaking current for medium/high voltage transformer fuses
- Low power losses, specially suitable in compact switchgear and ring main units
- High breaking capacity and current limitation
- Type tested fuses according to IEC 60282-1
- Versions ABB CEF-S-TCU equipped with Temperature Control Unit, that protects against high temperature in enclosed compartments
- Medium type striker, which is activated immediately when the fuse-elements melt
- Dimensions according to IEC 60282-1 and DIN 43625
- ABB Optional Accessories – Fuse clips, fuse extension adaptor, indoor & outdoor fuse base with optional fuse presence/blown indication, test fuse link for striker system adjustment and operating tong for fuse replacement
- Also: MV HV Surge Arresters 11kV 33kV
ABB CEF-S Transformer Fuses – Fuse Ratings & Dimensions
|Rated Voltage Un (kV)||Rated Current ln (A)||Fuse Length e (mm)||Fuse Diameter D (mm)||Maximum Tested Breaking Current l1||Striker Temperature Control Unit (TCU) 80N||Overload Spots|
|30/40.5kV||6-63A||537mm||65 / 87mm||20kA||Yes||Yes|
MV HV Transformer Switchgear Cable Connectors & Terminations
Thorne & Derrick also distribute an extensive range of MV-HV Joints, Connectors & Terminations for installing medium/high voltage power cables onto gas insulated switchgear networks up to 33kV – this includes outer cone (Nexans Euromold) and inner cone (Pfisterer CONNEX) type cable plug and connectors. MV-HV fuses are available for transformer, switchgear, motor circuit and capacitor protection.