Transformer Fuses – MV HV Fuses 2kV-24kV Transformers IEC ABB CEF-VT
ABB CEF-VT transformers fuses are current-limiting fuses which are especially suited for compact MV-HV switchgear and for switch-fuse combinations, 7.2-24kV, 2-6.3A.
MV-HV fuses are suitable for 6.6/7.2kV and up to 24kV transformer applications in accordance with IEC specification.
ABB CEF-VT-TCU transformer fuses have integrated thermal released striker pins allowing the fuse release to be temperature dependant and overload spots which significantly reduce the fuse temperature during the interruption process. The CEF-VT fuse has a high capability up to 63kA and temperature control units increase application safety for gas insulated panels, switchgear and electrical equipment up to 24kV.
CEF-VT current limiting fuses are back-up type medium voltage fuses which limit the value of prospective short-circuit currents during the interruption process and extended the life time of nearby installed electrical equipment. CEF-VT fuses when used in combination with load break switches equipped with fuse tripping system ensures control over the full range of overload and short-circuit currents.
- Product Category: MV HV Medium & High Voltage Fuses
- Fuse Type: ABB CEF-VT
- Application: Transformers (MV Medium Voltage)
- Voltage: 7.2kV 24kV
- Specification: IEC
ABB CEF-VT Transformer Fuses
Features & Benefits
- Low minimum breaking current
- Low power losses, specially suitable in enclosed compartments
- High breaking capacity transformer fuses
- High current limitation
- Type tested according to IEC 60282-1
- Versions CEF-VT-TCU equipped with Temperature Control Unit, which protects against high temperature in enclosed compartments
- Can be equipped with medium type striker, which is activated immediately when the fuse-elements melt
- Dimensions according to IEC 60282-1 and DIN 43625
- Unified voltage ratings for more application flexibility
- Single fuse version for both indoor and outdoor operating conditions
- Graved fuse data for long term recognition
- Welded current path secures a stable electrical contacts with active breaking elements
- ABB Optional Accessories – Fuse clips, fuse extension adaptor, indoor & outdoor fuse base with optional fuse presence/blown indication, test fuse link for striker system adjustment and operating tong for fuse replacement
- Also: MV HV Surge Arresters 11kV 33kV
ABB CEF-VT Transformer Fuses – Fuse Ratings & Dimensions
|New Smartcode CEF-VT||Rated Current ln (A)||Maximum Tested Breaking Current l1 (kA)||Mininim Tested Breaking Current l3 (A)||Rated Power Pn (W)||Striker Pin Force (N)||Resistance (mΩ)||Diameter D (mm)||Weight (kg)||Catalogue Number CEF-VT||Catalogue Number CEF-VT-TCU|
|Rated Voltage: 6/12kV Length ,,e”: 192mm|
|Rated Voltage: 6/12kV Length ,,e”: 292mm|
|Rated Voltage: 10/17.5kV Length ,,e”: 192mm|
|Rated Voltage: 15/24kV Length ,,e”: 292mm|
|Rated Voltage: 15/24kV Length ,,e”: 442mm|
MV HV Transformer Switchgear Cable Connectors & Terminations
Thorne & Derrick also distribute an extensive range of MV-HV Joints, Connectors & Terminations for installing medium/high voltage power cables onto gas insulated switchgear networks up to 33kV – this includes outer cone (Nexans Euromold) and inner cone (Pfisterer CONNEX) type cable plug and connectors. MV-HV fuses are available for transformer, switchgear, motor circuit and capacitor protection.