3M CSCAK2 Cold Shrink Cable Abandonment Kit
Temporary & Permanent Cable Abandonment
3M CSCAK2 Cold Shrink cable abandonment kits are used for abandoning single and multi-core low voltage power and instrumentation cables, 600/1000v up to 1.9/3.3kV.
CSCAK2 provides cable abandonment, environmental cable sealing, mechanical protection and cable grounding up to 25mm diameters.
- Abandon Min Cable OD: 18mm
- Abandon Max Cable OD: 25mm
- Order Code: 3M CSCAK2
3M Cold Shrink cable abandonment kits seal or pot end live cable ends – each cable core is separately sealed using a small cold shrink end cap and a screen bandage applied to reinstate earth fault protection.
Finally, an outer cold shrink cable cap is installed to abandon and seal the cable end. For sealing de-energised LV cables to protect against water ingress or contaminants, please see 3M Cold Shrink cable end caps.
3M CSCAK2 : Suits LV Cables XLPE EPR Insulated Cables, PVC or Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH), Lead Sheath, Wire Armour (SWA) & Wire Braid (Galvanised & Phosphur Bronze), includes onshore and offshore marine and shipwiring cables. Up to 3.3kV.
- Abandon Power Cables Overall Cable Diameter: 18 – 25mm
- Abandon Instrumentation Cables Number Of Pairs: Up to 10
3M Cold Shrink Cable Abandonment Kit List – 3M CSCAK2
- Cold Shrink Cable End Cap
- Cold Shrink Tube – Pre Stretched Tube (PST)
- 3M Scotch 23 Self Amalgamating Insulation Tape
- Armour/Earth Connection Components
- Installation Instructions
CSCAK2 Shelf Life: 3M Cold Shrink Tubes & End Caps have a 5 year shelf from date of manufacture when stored at the recommended temperature of 1-27°C at <75% Relative Humidity.