Resin Cable Joint
The 3M Scotchcast 470W Resin is in compliance with EU regulation 1907/2007/EC (REACH) – the LVI range of cable joints manufactured by 3M Electrical are compatible with either Cembre connectors (crimp type) or Pfisterer Sicon (mechanical shearbolt) technology.
3M LVI-1/2-PT joint kit sELECTION
- PVC Insulated Armoured Multi Pair Cables – 0.9sqmm
- Cable Range (Pairs) – 2
- Maximum Cable Diameter – 25mm
- Recommended Connector – 3M Scotchlok UR2
- Cable Voltage 600/1000V
- 3M LVI-1/2-PT utilises Scotchcast 470W resin
- Hazardous Area Cable Joints also available
Control & Instrumentation Cables BS5308
3M LVI-1/2-PT SCOTCHCAST RESIN CABLE JOINTS (470W RESIN)
|Cable Joint Kit Reference||Cable Range (Pairs)||Max Cable OD (mm)||Recommended Connector|
|PVC Insulated Armoured Multi pair Cables, 0.9mm²|
|3M LVI-1/2-PT||2||25||Scotchlok UR2|
BS5308 & BS EN 50288-7
The BS5308 British Standard for cables was superseded by Harmonised Standard BS EN 50288-7 (Multi-element Metallic Cables Used In Analogue & Digital Communication/Control – Sectional Specification For Instrumentation & Control Cables) – a publicly available version of the Standard was published as PAS5308 in 2009. PAS 5308 incorporates additional aspects not covered in the harmonised European standard for control and instrumentation cables:
- Cable standard includes higher voltage cables for heavy power applications, such as hazardous area petrochemical plants
- Provides detailed cable construction tables, showing actual dimensions for the full range of cable types as previously specified in BS 5308-1:1986
British Standard BS5308 covered specifications for a range of instrumentation cables – including Polyethylene (PE), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Cross-Linked Polyethylene (XLPE) and Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) cable insulation materials and armoured (SWA) instrumentation cables.
- BS5308 Part 1 – PE insulated instrumentation cables – British Standard BS5308 Part 1 specifies both the requirements and the dimensions of PE insulated cables in pairs with or without screen(s). Option to include a single wire armour or single wire armour with a lead sheath. Part 1 is sub- categorised as Types 1, 2 & 3.
- BS5308 Part 1 Type 1 – Unarmoured – collectively screened (CAM) and individually & collectively screened. PE insulated and PVC oversheathed.
- BS5308 Part 1 Type 2 – Armoured – collectively screened and also individually & collectively screened. PE insulated, PE bedded, single wire armoured (SWA) and PVC oversheathed.
- BS5308 Part 1 Type 3 – Armoured – collectively screened or individually & collectively screened. PE insulated, PVC bedded, lead alloy oversheath, single wire armoured and PVC oversheathed.
- BS5308 Part 2 – PVC insulated instrumentation cables – British Standard BS5308 Part 2 specifies requirements for PVC insulated cables, in multicore and multi-pair construction, with or without screens. It provides the option to incorporate a single wire armour. Part 2 is further categorised as Types 1 & 2.
- BS5308 Part 2 Type 1 – Unarmoured construction – PVC insulated and PVC oversheathed.
- BS5308 Part 2 Type 2 – Armoured construction – PVC insulated, PVC bedded, single wire armoured and PVC oversheathed.
Cable joints are available for power, control and instrumentation cables in resin cast, Cold Shrink and heat shrink technologies – read our Blog to understand the features and benefits of using Cold Shrink to insulate, protect, repair or joint cables.